Monday, January 12, 2009

My boyfriend and I are "on" again....


My Delta boyfriend that is....Delta must have really felt bad for all the times I was delayed because I got not one, but TWO excellent calls from them this weekend! Friday they called to say that I had been upgraded to first class for my trip to Phoenix...sweet...that is a 4 hour flight for anyone keeping track and I was glad for the upgrade. Then on Saturday they called to tell me that I was on the same flight as my sister to Greece...so, instead of going ATL-PHI-CDG-ATH, I get to go ATL-JFK-ATH...much better AND, it is a plane with 2,3,2 seating so I got us 2 seats together in the exit row! YAY! My flight yesterday was really smooth, no delays or anything (the actual flight was really bumpy but I got a sandwich in first class and a brownie).

I had asked Craig to look up some places that we could stop at on our way from Phoenix to Tuscon and he looked up some for us. We set out to the first one and got there about 20 mins before it closed...sad and then by the time we got to the other one it was dark...double sad. We did have a fun adventure though...it goes with the picture. We saw this cactus on the side of the road and I needed a picture of it. There was this dirt field with a road that I could sort of make out so I decided to turn down some random road and try to get to the dirt road....after a half a mile of rutted road we got to a fence we couldn't drive through so we exited and went back to the highway and got back on the highway to turn around and come back and pull over next to it. They have these little turnaround things on the highway and it doesn't say you can't go on them so I slammed on the brakes and turned into one....then I realized that the other side was REALLY high...oops. We took it slow though and got to the top and waited for traffic to slow down so I could pull out...then I had to cross all the way to other side and pull over... good times, but I got the picture :-)

Other than that, this job has been a little stressful. I actually have to come back here because I was supposed to go to the auction on Wed and Thurs but the Controller is sick so I am going to come another week..I had prepaid my hotel because the rates were ridiculous so I am staying to work on some other stuff. The stressful part is that the girl I am working with is really nice but she just doesn't understand the importance of somethings and the guy at the location is the former owner and knows nothing about accounting....it is just a long day and we didn't even take a lunch. The good part was that I worked out this morning so that was a check in my column.

No comments: