Friday, January 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I am glad to be home. My travel today was pretty uneventful except that I managed to hit a traffic jam at the exact same exit as the last time I was in AZ. Weird because I drove 100 miles both times and both times it was an accident. Once a motorcyle and then a semi today. Just seemd odd. We had the TVs in the back of the seats in front of us and so I watched TBS for another 3 hours. Did a little crocheting too.

No real plans for the weekend except dinner tomorrow night with everyone (yay) and a session on Sunday that might end up being outdoors if it is nice and then a Superbowl party. Hmm, when I type it out it sort of sounds like I have plans but I don't have anything to do tonight or tomorrow until dinner so I am going to park it right on the couch tonight and then do some (yuck) cleaning tomorrow. I realized when I went to put a pack of 100 calorie teddy grahams in my purse on the way to the airport on Tuesday that had expired in 2007 that it might be time to clean out the pantry :-) and by pantry I mean the top of my dryer where I store food. So sad. I really want to get a lot of stuff cleaned out anyway so I don't move junk and can just get rid of it all.

Last night when I told Craig what weekend I was going to move he said "you will be here in 8 weeks, that is crazy" and it is....It will be exactly 3 years the Monday after I move that we met. Not that I planned it that way and the only reason I remember the date is because it snowed that first week we were there for work and I said "this place is awful, I could never live anywhere where it snows in March" Hmmm, little did I know. I met Craig that first Monday but it took almost a month before we actually talked about much other than work or went out. It is just so exciting that after 3 years I will FINALLY be able to see him for more than 10 days in a row....I think that is the record for how long we were together in a row.

I am trying to find something fun to do the Saturday before I go away that everyone can do. My place is a little small for a party if I invite lots of people...especially since the chair and a half now blocks the patio door (which I can get to from my room and don't really use since I don't smoke). Anyone have some fun ideas? I thought about bowling or something like that but would it be cheesy and is it cheesy to throw yourself a going away party? I just want to see people that I might not see on my visits (cause I expect to see all you guys that read this) and of course the people I will see on my visits.

No comments: