Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend

This weekend I visited Drena, Oliver and Adam on Friday. I didn't witness evil monkey at all....I am glad. Oliver slept most of the time...or really all of the time so I didn't really get to spend any time with him. It was right after his visit to the chiropractor so I think that Drena was just happy that he wasn't screaming :-)

Saturday I went to visit Alyson, Zach and Ariyana. Ariyana is so cute it is not even fair! We had fun playing with her. I tried to practice the whole natural light with kids running around shooting thing with her. It was hard and I didn't have much light to work with. Studio is definitely my thing. I really need to get better at it. Here are a couple. The ones of her with the lotion I am also using for my NLP325 picture. She was so funny. She hass dry skin and eczema like the rest of us so she constantly gets lotion put on her. While we were hanging out in her room she got the lotion bottle (my sister was smart enough to close it) and she "pumped" it and then "put" it on her arm....how funny. It is amazing what they learn. It makes me wonder if the lotion makes her skin feel better so she likes it or if she is just so used to getting it put on that she wanted to try it for herself. She also helped me 'put' on lotion! Too cute!

Yesterday I had two sessions and they were a little stressful. The first family was a little late and said they had my old code to the gate so I felt horrible and then the second family was 30mins early. Sometimes I don't think that people realize that this is not Target, you can't just hang out in the lobby. It ended up working out so other than the fact that I wasn't expecting them, we got it all done. Luckily the other family had already left. They were fun too so that made it better. Their baby was so funny because she would laugh and giggle and then when we put her in front of the camera she would get stonefaced. It reminded us of that cartoon with the singing frog where he will perform for that one guy but when he tries to show it to anyone else the frog stops! Funny!

Tomorrow I go back to Arizona and I am not looking forward to it or excited about it :-(