Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chaos at Work

Remember the 18 slide powerpoint that took my senior a week to do (and me another half a day to add 3 more slides?) Yeah, that presentation just got cancelled..WTF. Apparently two different departments at work didn't talk to each other and now is it a cluster. The worst part is that it is not because of my department that we have to cancel it but it is going to look bad on us...this is the frustrating part of my job. We enforce everyone else's rules but we have no control on when they change the rules and it always looks like it coming from us....very frustrating!

On the plus side, all clients have now responded on the photography side and they were all super sweet about it with the exception of that one client...I am very happy to keep them!

5 comments:

m said...

Hopefully they will reschedule soon and you can use the presentation then.

Rebecca said...

That stinks! I hate it when that happens. Like Meghan said, hopefully you'll be able to do it soon since you've already put so much work into it.

Mollypants said...

I feel your pain on that one...I'm in the department that, by definition, is supposed to know where things are going and when, and I hate that we have to push things back sometimes because we don't have our ducks in a row - especially since everyone in every other department expects us to do just that. It's just because there's a backlog of everything, and yet somehow, all involved think that we can do it with one less person.

Drena said...

Congrats on the photography clients!

Mel said...

Thanks Drena!

Yeah, so the presentation is definitely cancelled....on the one hand, it sucks that we spent all the time on it but March will be better anyway....I just feel that I have had a stressful few days at work.