Sunday, February 8, 2009

Having a conscience

First, let me say that I had a great weekend. I really have been happier lately than I think that I have been in a long time. Friday I visit with Drena, Adam and Oliver. I got to hold happy baby for a little while :-) He is so cute...and even when he cries he makes this cute little pouty face, love it. Today I went and visited with Erin and the twins. I love those little girls. They are so sweet! Emma is always ready and willing to give me the biggest smile that she can manage. Ella is a tougher customer but I think that it is just because she likes to make me work for it and she likes to be tickled. Her laugh is so adorable! I also had a little boy come today for his one year old pictures that could seriously be a child model. He was beautiful! I will definitely have to share some pictures when I get them ready! He didn't really like to be away from him mom that much so it made my job a little harder but boy was he adorable!!

Also went and saw He's Just Not That Into You. It was a cute movie. I sort of thought that Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Aniston were the main characters, but not really. They were in it but not the main people...weird.

So, the conscience.....as you know, I am moving. I am also coming back about once a month for work and I have about 8 clients that have sessions left. Most of them (with the exception of 2) only have one session left. I just felt like I should write my clients an email and tell them the situation. I let them know that nothing would change other than the the fact that I wouldn't be available every weekend. I also gave them the option of getting a refund for the sessions they haven't used yet because I felt like it was the right thing to do. I figured that if I gave them the option they would be more understand when I start to try and schedule their sessions. I am happy to report that only two of them have responded (most will respond when they get to work tomorrow or after the kiddos are in bed) and they both said they wanted to stay with me and then both wished me luck in Ohio. Once again with the warm fuzzies.

I can honestly say that I haven't had anything work out as perfectly as this move has in a very long time. Craig and I are doing really well because we literally can see an end date in sight and it is not that long....you have no idea how this can open up new opportunities for us. We no longer have to say "one day"....that day will be soon. Being in a long distance relationship is hard and I am really looking forward to getting rid of that. It is also going really well with work and all my family and friends have been super supportive.....it is awesome!!

No comments: