Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It is Wednesday already??

I don't know where this week has gone...it flew by! I have a feeling that the next 7.5 weeks will do the same thing. I feel like I write on my blog only when I am upset or mad. I think that it is theraputic for me and because I don't feel like good news is all that interesting but I have been nothing but happy since I found out that my move is going perfectly so....sorry if this isn't interesting but I don't have any cute kids to write about :-)

I have 3 weeks and 2 days until I will be on my way to Greece...I feel like I have been planning this forever! After that I only have 2 weeks until I move...and I will be in New Orleans for one of those.....I can't believe how fast this will all go.

I went to spin class and the personal trainer today...I might not be able to walk tomorrow because even after I told him that I did a spin class, he wanted to do legs today....UGH.

Today one of my 11 meetings this week (yep 11, and some are longer than an hour) was with EY who is doing some process analysis BS for us. I felt like in Office Space when the Bobs come to visit. Lucky for me, I actually am making progress toward what I think that they are researching so that is good. It sort of made me chuckle a little bit.

Of course since I decide to move the weather has been ridiculous in Ohio....so here are a couple things that Craig has said in the last two days:
1. He was complaining about driving home in the snow and how it was a white out and you couldn't really see (which was not what he was complaining about) and he was mad that the people in front of him were driving so slow. At the same time he said "no offense" I said "that will be me next year". I don't know how to drive in real snow and I get distracted by the pieces flying at my face.
2. Yesterday apparently they got 0 snow in Dayton but the exit where the auction I will be working got 10 inches in 2 hours...WTF. So, he sweetly says "I don't know what you would have done". I told him I would just pack an extra set of clothes in my car from October to April just in case.
So, you guys might at least get some funny stories of me stuck in snow next year (though if it is bad I plan to work from home).

So, this is sort of random, I was filling out my rental application for the place in Ohio and it seems to me that they ask for a lot of really personal information like your SS# and your bank account# and mortgage account numbers and stuff. Now, I know that they have to know I make enough to rent but with my ss# and a mortgage loan number or bank acct #, they could get into any of my information....that doesn't seem right. Does anyone rent (I know you do Molly) and does this sound right?

Also, I got some feedback about my tax question and it turns out that I am an idiot and I do deduct the interest and taxes for my condo...yeah, the same way I do now on good old schedule A...doesn't really qualify as a business expense and I am better off this way anyway. Thanks Meghan and Drena for the help!

Other than that, I have spent the night ordering photos for my clients (glad orders are still coming in) and have been trying to get some stuff accomplished for the move.

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

yeah they always ask for that info when I rent anywhere. Mostly so they can come after you if you skip out, but also to verify that you're not some terrorist who's setting up a summer camp in their backyard.
As for packing an extra set of clothes in your car, yes, you need to do that in winter. That, plus road flares, a blanket or two, a couple of bottles of water, an empty nalgene bottle (in case your water is frozen & you have to melt snow), Matches, some packs of crackers, extra medications and a set of boots to walk through snow with. you may laugh, but seriously - you hear all the time about people running off the road. If you're stuck in a blizzard, you may have to survive a day or two if your cell can't reach anyone! When I moved to Boston, it was the first thing my ex did when we got there, and 6 months later, I was driving through New Hampshire and the car broke down. I was at a rest stop then, but if I had been in the middle of the interstate, I might have been screwed! And it makes your parents feel better too ;)

Drena said...

the application we use for rentals asks for it too, but I don't make people give it if they have a problem. they need your social to pull your credit if they are doing that.