Sunday, February 1, 2009

disappointing news...

I am not sure if I should post this or not and I am trying not be negative but this upset me and that is what these things are for anyway, right, to make us feel better and to share good and not so good times? Luckily this has to do with work so nothing major....

Tonight I went to a superbowl party with some old work friends. At this party I found out that they just visited the location where my employee used ot be the Controller.... and it was a mess and she basically didn't do what she was supposed to do....on top of that, they didn't send out any updates because they didn't want me to know about what was going on and now they are going to issue a report to everyone about the stuff that was really messed up from when my employee was there. I haven't seen the report and didn't get the exact comments out of the person from audit and I don't know my employees side of the story. I know things were not great before she got there. The thing that worries me is that this reflects on me since I hired her. The thing that frustrates me is that I wasn't really given a choice as to who to hire. I mean if I didn't like her then I could hire no one but if I was going to hire someone it pretty much had to be her. Her boss said she did a good job and still requests her to do some of his locations. She has been going in and fixing places.....so why was her own so messed up. I also found out that there were some reservations about her and her abilities which I didn't find out until AFTER I hired her. I am just upset because Audit's management has been acting funny toward me lately and I wasn't sure why and now I think that I know. It just sucks that this reflects poorly on me in their eyes when it really wasn't my fault. They have different interests and goals than my group and I understand that but I feel like now they aren't going to trust my group and my old boss is hard to change his mind. The other thing is that she has done a good job since working for me...or at least as far as I know she has...people have told me that she has helped them and stuff. UGH, it just has me so upset. I actually pretty much left the party after that conversation.... I was going to anyway in a little while because I didn't care so much about the games and people talked too much through the commercials which is my favorite part.....

Hope I didn't bring down anyone's day or night.....

No comments: