Friday, February 13, 2009

Moving news...

Yesterday I meant to talk to my boss about when I was going to be in Atlanta and she turned around and asked the VP and it looks like it will be the third week of every month. I think that really only have to be here for 2-3 days but I will probably work the whole week here the months that I have sessions...there is plenty that I can do here. So, you can mark you calendars for that third week if you have any interest in getting together. I will probably stay some weekends when I do the photography thing and then other times I will go back to Dayton for the weekend. It is nice to have the flexibility and to know that I will definitely still be coming back here. I just want to be really careful about not using Atlanta as my comfort zone....and my crutch.

In other news, I think that I am going to get a kitty this weekend. I know that some of you hate cats (Molly) but Craig has a really sweet kitty and I want one too. Here is a picture of the one that we have an appt to go see and meet tomorrow. If she likes us and we like her then we are going to get her and Craig will keep her until I move :-)

Also just another little note, and this remind me of something Rebecca would be way better at writing about..... So, my business license for the city of Atlanta has to be renewed as it does every year. Anyone who does business in the city of Atlanta has to have this license and it is due to be renewed by Feb 15th or there is a $500 penalty. Obviously I put this off until the last minute but when I was filling it out it said that you needed to include the prior year's GA tax return. Ok, which prior year? The renewal says that it is a renewal for 2009 so to me the prior year would be 2008 but I don't have that one done yet (and I can't get it done because I still haven't received something I need from my rental property) so then maybe prior year means 2007? On the renewal you h ave to fill in the amount of gross receipts for the prior year...I was thinking 2008 so I filled that in, but then is that what the mean? Also, it asks for the GA return but nowhere on the GA return does it break out business income...it just takes the AGI number from the federal, which is a lump sum, to put on the GA return so no matter what return I give them, it is not going to break out my business income. So, I reseach online but that is no help so I decide to call the office. Of course I couldn't call yesterday because they close at 5 and I didn't even get back to my desk until 5:15 from meetings, so I called this morning. As I type this, I have been on hold now for 2 hrs and 26 mins. So, the girls in the office and I have a bet going on how long it will take before someone picks up. I wrote them a letter explaining my situation and will just include that I guess. Who has time to be on the phone this long? I just put it on speaker phone and have gone about my business, but still....ridiculous!!!

3 comments:

Drena said...

aren't you allergic to cats?

Zane Hollingsworth said...

Cute cat.

Mel said...

Drena-yes, but Craigs cat doesn't bother me at all! I didn't take any medicine last night and I am fine. Typically I can build up a tolerance, the first few weeks I just might have to take some meds but that is also why I want a kitten, so she is smaller and I can get used to her. I just have trouble with dogs mostly.

Zane- thanks, expect to see lots of pics of her soon :-)