Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Superstitions

Are you guys superstitious? If so, what about? I bring this up to lighten up my blog today but also because I am curious. Today in the middle of my fiasco, I was on my way upstairs to meet with someone to see what was going on. I saw a penny on the steps and looked down and saw it was on tails so I didn't pick it up. I do that all the time.....see a penny that is on tails and don't pick it up because it is supposed to be bad luck...I always pick up the ones on heads.....what about you guys?

7 comments:

Mollypants said...

I'm suddenly remembering that I don't really have any...although I did wear the same pair of silver underwear to every football game in college. Yes, I had silver britches. Lotta good that did us.

Zane Hollingsworth said...

I'm not superstitious, but I do pick up money when I see it.

Carrie Davis said...

I don't think I really have any now that I think about it. I agree with Zane - I pick up money when I see it :)

Rebecca said...

I'm not superstitious really, but whenever we stay in a hotel room, or somewhere that is not our own bed, I always have to sleep on the side of the bed that is farthest from the door. I've always been this way - I think I used to think that being father from the door would protect me if anyone came in during the night. Obviously I have outgrown that, but I still like to be farthest from the door. It's not really a superstition, but thought you might be slightly entertained by that. :)

Mel said...

I don't leave 20s laying around but I feel like, even in this economy I can afford to leave a penny now and again :-)

m said...

I try not to talk about the kids being healthy - big knock on wood person. Since they are not healthy this is okay to talk about right now.

Drena said...

I don't pick up pennies at all. I hate pennies and wish we could do away with them.

Mom told me Granny had said not to do laundry on NY day. You wash someone out of your life. I guess since she is the oldest in our family she wanted to make sure we were doing all we could!