Saturday, February 21, 2009

NUTS!!

That is what it is here in Midtown today!!! Oysterfest is literally on my corner and I just walked over to snap a couple of pics (will post later) and they are not letting anymore people in....yikes. There were really long lines! I think that there are only 6 spots in my parking garage left. I heard one girl look up at the condos and say "it must suck to live here." Yeah, not actually as long as you guys aren't here! :-) I went out this morning for milk for my latte and the street was closed, only I didn't know it....oops. I had to go all the way around. When I just checked my mail I noticed that there was a sign up that said that the street was going to be closed this weekend...guess I should check my mail more than once a week!

Last night I went to a happy hour with Adam and Chad and actually ran into some girls that I know from other walks of life...how funny is that? Then I went to meet up with Dudley and her boyfriend and one of his friends at the 80s coverband "Breakfast Club". It was so much fun, yet so different from how we used to go out. Instead of rolling in around 11:30 when the band actually went on, we got there around 10 and had a table in the back....it was so nice...we could sit, we could dance, we could hear and we had a waitress! There weren't even lines at the bathroom. Quite different from the days when I would have at least 3 beers spilt on me and at least 4 drunk 19 year olds fall on me and when my sister got hit in the head with a drumstick :-)

Only 6 more days until Greece....that reminds me, I need to do laundry!

No comments: