Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mexican and Soccer

SoI have been craving Mexican like it was my job for a week! I emailed Dudley on Monday adn asked if she wanted to get some Mexican after the gym yesterday and she said yes, but then yesterday she cancelled on my for school work...understandable but that didn't give me my fix. I decided that I would just go and get take out. I get there to order and I place my order of two beef tacos and cheese dip. The guy asks me if I just called in an order and I said no. He said "are you sure because we just got an order just like that" hmmm, nope dude, pretty sure I would remember and it is not like there are 100s of things you can get at a Mexican restuarant, I mean, meat, cheese, tortilla, that is about it...just different combinations of those and with some rice and beans. He looked at me like I was lying, so I said " I promise, I live alone and I don't even know the phone number" then I noticed that he kept looking up at the TV all distracted so I looked to see what was on...soccer game. I asked if it was the World Cup qualifier (I am sure he was suprised I knew that) and he said yes. Apparently that was enough to put my order in. How did I know it was the World Cup qualifier? Well, because it was in Ohio and Craig was at the game with a bunch of his soccer friends. He wanted me to watch the game and "look for him" I think that he was kidding about looking for him cause I always say that when I tell him to watch Georgia games, but it still reminded me of something that Zachary would do :-) He called me when he got home and he had DVRd the game (which I would make fun of but I do that sometimes when I go to UGA games) and he was watching it again (I don't usually do that) while eating dinner...all of a sudden he said "i saw me" I didn't believe him but then he launched into this explanation of how he was in what would be the endzone in football (not sure what they call it in soccer) and when the guy scored the goal he was able to easily pick out some of the girls he was with because of what they had on. I am sure he is going to save it and show it to me this weekend so I will let you know if you can actually see him or not.

Also, just a little note...my tacos and cheese dip came out in about the time I had to type a sentence on my bb, so the next time we are eating Mexican and the food is slow...it is not my fault!! And, eating a soggy (by the time I got home from Smyrna) taco and some hardened cheese dip in my living room is just not the same as a patio with friends :-( So, the craving is still around. Carrie had mentioned to me maybe getting the girls together before I leave. I don't have any weekends left but if anyone can go Feb 26th and wants Mexican, I think that it would be the perfect night before my trip to Greece :-)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'd be happy to meet you for Mexican for lunch one day before you move! El Azteca & El Toro on Roswell Road near 285 - YUM! Let me know!

Mel said...

Duh! Why didn't I think of that...it is a date! I will look and see when I don't have 19 meetings and email you!