Monday, February 9, 2009

Mixed Feelings

I have mixed feelings about today. On the work end things seemed to go really well today. I had a meeting this morning with the CFO....I think I wrote about it (guess I could go back and read but I am too lazy). It was the one where I replied no to the staff meeting cause I was going to be out of town and he offered to meet with me one on one...and considering how the second half of the day went, it was probably a good idea that I met with him in case this photography thing doesn't pan out and in case I want to move up in the company. I thought he just did it to be nice but then it got moved a couple times and he stuck with it and today was the day. Last week he also stopped by my office (on his way to someone else's office) and said he wanted to talk to me about a huge project we have been working on. So, today I told him about the project and how I felt the locations were doing. He sort of put me on the spot and asked for the 5 worst locations. I felt bad but then again, him getting involved will help me enforce my stuff! He also decided that he wanted the quarterly report that I issue so that is getting more notice now too. THEN, he went to his weekly staff meeting and brought up (in front of my boss) how I was the only one who responded no to the staff meeting and then set up a meeting with him. He also said he was pleased with what my group was doing and with what he heard from me and said we need some clean up (my job!!). That part was good. I was dumb and posted that I was having a good day on FB and then the photography stuff started to not go so well :-( I had a client be pretty rude to me (on private blog) and then another clien who didn't like her pics (private blog). It was a little deflating :-(

Now I am trying to get together how I will move my photography to Ohio....it is quite a challenge and Craig is no help cause he doesn't know anyone with kids really. Well, one girl so hopefully I will get to do hers.

Here is some of the competition...I need to update my website!! Looking at these sites sort of makes me wonder whether I will be able to even do photography there......
http://heartandlightphotography.com/
http://www.nicolekessel.com/index2.php
http://susiesincock.typepad.com/catchlight_news/
http://snapshotsbybridget.blogspot.com/
http://sara-annephotography.com/index2.php?v=v1

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sorry you had a bad afternoon yesterday. That's no fun, especially after having such a good first part of the day. Maybe you can find some sort of photography niche that is missing in the area and focus on that?

Mel said...

Yeah, I am a little better today. If photogrpahy isn't meant to be then it isn't meant to be. These were the only ones I found under Dayton children's photographer. Seems like most photogs there only do weddings. Plus, most of my stuff on my website is from my first 6 months. Hopefully I got better :-)