Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Houston, er Athens, we have a problem

So, I come home today, do all my normal things and then check facebook like I always do and come to find a post by Meghan on my wall about an airport strike in Greece...AWESOME! What are the chances? Here is the article..it doesn't give that much information but it does allude to the fact that it was just a 24 hour strike and I can't find any other information other than on yahoo, which I am sure came from here anyway. The good news is that I checked Delta and the same flight we are on for Friday was in route to Greece tonight so we should be able to get there. Carrie just came by to drop off something and I was talking to her about it and she suggested rails so that might be an option if we can't fly into Athens (though I imagine it will be really quick to fill up). I called Dudley and we decided that we would just have to go with the flow and if we can't fly in Greece (we have 3 flights around Greece while we are there) then we will take a ferry to Santorini and just stay longer there and skip Crete. Hopefully we won't have to worry about any of that...vacation is supposed to be fun and not stressful.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Good luck! Not sure what is up with those Europeans but their transportation workers seem to go on strike all the time for one reason or another. Definitely doesn't make it easy if it happens to be going on while you are there. Yall will have a great time one way or another I'm sure!