Sunday, June 15, 2008

Al and I are back together....

You might not have noticed, and I might not have told you what happened, but Al and I were separated for a while. I took a sin class at work about a month ago and when I was done I was so sweaty that I rinse out the strap that goes with Al and then wrapped it in a towel to dry it and accidentally threw the towel in the laundry at work. Uh oh!! I was so upset. I had just gotten Al and figured out how to use him. I figured it out when I was packing for Colorado because I was going to take him with me to see how the altitude affected my heart rate. I even went into a bike shop while we were in Estes Park to see if I could find the strap (I still had the watch and transmitter). Finally I emailed the girl at work that I normally work out with and she was able to get it from the gym. Unfortunately she put it in my office and I haven't been back there yet so today on my way to my dad's I stopped by the office and got it. As soon as I got home from my dad's I took Al out and we went to the park. There was good people watching in the park today...I don't understand how those couples lay all over each other on days this hot!! I missed him and it was fun to be back together! I used some new music that was recommended to me and I think that it helped me to pick up the pace a bit. I am a "to the beat" kind of gal...I can hear the beats in songs and I naturally gravitate toward them. With podrunner, the beat is fast and distinct and it keeps me at a little faster pace than my normal music. You can download it from their website but I am not sure how and being the non-technology smart person that I am, I just get it from iTunes. It is a podcast, free and a new one comes out once a week. They also have an interval one but I haven't listened to that one yet. For all you runners (or walkers or cyclists) out there, you should give it a try! So far so good for me.

As you can probably tell from my posts, I feel a little sad lately. I think that a lot of it has to do with being on the road so much lately and not getting to talk to anyone ever. Normally when I am on the road I get to talk to Craig every night and stuff but lately I have been having to go to dinners and he has been busy so we have barely talked....and I haven't seen most of you guys in weeks either :-( I head to Nashville tomorrow (where I am actually going to see my best friend from high school that I haven't seen in a while) but only for two days and then I will be home for 5 whole days!! YAY! Morgan and I are planning on going to Screen on the Green on Thursday since they are playing ET and I could be talked into trivia on Wednesday if anyone is interested and then there is the dinner with everyone on Friday so those give me something to look forward to and I am sure I will be in a better mood soon! This weekend already helped because I had dinner with Jen on Friday and went to see Sex and the City with Morgan, my sister, Jen, and her mom on Saturday. Morgan and I then hit the W hotel for drinks...the drinks were pricey but there was some good people watching! And we actually stayed out past 1....can you believe it!

On a side note, I am still a little upset not knowing what happened to my client so I tried to look up the obituary but it didn't have any information.....such a sad situation and right before his first father's day!

2 comments:

Zane Hollingsworth said...

hi melissa, this is drena's brother zane.

thanks for the link to podrunner. good stuff, i'll use it at the gym (to hot to be outside).

Drena said...

We are up for trivia, but not SOTG. I have an overnight retreat with a group that night and won't be back until dinner on Friday.