Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why I love this city...

Tonight Morgan and I went to Screen on the Green to see Footloose! I had never seen it (I know, I know) so it was a special treat for me. It is a lot easier to get a seat when there are only two of you so we left a little earlier and learning from last week we made sure we got a seat in the middle where it was nice and loud (the movie, not the people). The movie was definitely corny and I am pretty sure that in the scene where Kevin Bacon runs away with his beer and cigarette to dance that he is not really wearing jeans but instead he is wearing some sort of ballet tights that are made to look like jeans. I seriously doubt his manhood would survive jeans that were that tight. The best part of the movie was the dance scene at the end where people watching it all around us literally got up and danced...I didn't, but it was still fun to watch everyone! Oh, and they had free little cups of Cake Batter ice cream from Cold Stone!! Yummy. These are the things I would miss if I lived in a small town....we didn't even use a car to get there. 5 min walk to the train station, 5 min train ride and 5-10 min walk to the park....nice evening if you ask me. I was really sad that they moved Screen on the Green but at the same time I feel like they have shown better movies...definitely better than some silly Elvis movie that made no sense.

Also, just to clarify from yesterday, I don't want to live in the country....I want to live in a city, just not one with a 68 county "metropolitan area". I like the fun stuff a city has to offer, but when I flew in today and thought that it must be pouring on the ground cause I couldn't see the ground for all the rain/smoke/fog/smog it sort of disgusted me :-(

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe you had never seen Footloose till now! You're right, it is corny, but it's still a good one.

Carrie Davis said...

You of all people hasn't seen Footloose until now?? It is one of my favs. I wanted to be Arial. I love Atlanta, it is a wonderful place to live.

m said...

Glad you like footloose. Atlanta is a great city! I do have to say though there can be some advantages to more mid-size cities (i.e charlotte and nashville). The traffic comment was probably the most accurate. I never planned anything around traffic in either one, but you do have some trade offs...