Monday, June 23, 2008

Flying is fun, part 2

10:40am: Leave to go back to the airport.
12:15pm: Discover that I am sitting in the middle seat, second to last row of the plane ans the bathroom smell is overwhelming. Oh, and the girl next to me is picking at her arm...GROSS!!!!
2:58pm: Almost died cause the pilot thought it would be a good idea to try to land the wing before the plane. Any of you ever fishtailed in a plane? I was about to puke!!
3:15pm: Realize my flight is delayed which is a good thing because I doubt I would have made it otherwise. I had to leave the terminal, take a shuttle to another terminal and got back through security all in 40 mins until the delay. That is why I like Atlanta's airport, once you are in you can go anywhere in the air conditioning.
4:35pm: Board tiny ass plane to ALB. This plane is so small that is has props and my bag wouldn't fit up top. So I have my bag with two computers and my purse with me. The attendant tells us that it will not be full so the guy sitting next to me moves so I have room for my stuff. Then this guy whose was preaching in the airport got on with his son (my age) and he wants his son to sit next to me. No offense to anyone at all but after this day, the last thing I want to hear about is him!! I give a rude look, dont care at this point. The flight is 30 mins and there is no reason why I should have all my shit on top of me when they are not in their correct seats. The attendant is nice and suggests that the son sits up front after I ask where else I can sit with room for stuff and there is nowhere. He obliges (probably cause of the nasty look). Whatever, I am cranky!
5:20pm: I realize we havent moved at all!
5:25pm: It is hot as blazes (no air conditioning until we are in the air so only hot air blows!!). We have no number for take off yet! They have stopped all northbound air traffic because of weather! I wish they would let us stay here and I would call my aunt and uncle!
5:45pm: I am forced to use the nastiest airplane bathroom EVER!! The toilet paper has a corner wet with the blue stuff from the toilet and there is nowhere to wash your hands. I have to acrefully get paper around the blue wet part without touching the blue part!! Oh the fun! I suddenly remember why I dont drink all my water when I travel!! (Though I am on track for the day)
6:00pm: I notice that the flight attendant (who has been awesome but who cant do anything) is fanning a lady and giving her ice. Uh oh!! Please dont pass out lady!! Discussions of going back tot the gate are had. Preacher man knows everything and wont shut up. I have taken off my cute little sweater vest type thing (not argyle or anything) cause I am so blessed hot. Pants are also rolled up! I was cooler at the pool in the blazing sun than I am right now and my dinner date (not really) is going to go without me if I am not airborne by 7. Not looking good!
6:10pm: FINALLY we have a number and are 8 for departure! I got up 12 hours ago and this is where I am???

Stay tuned, the day is not over yet!! I would give a nice prize to anyone who could make me laugh right now!!!! Who is up for the challenge???

3 comments:

Drena said...

I can do it.... do you wanna hear the first joke I ever learned to tell as a kid? I would go up to people and ask them to say "windshield wipers" and when they would do it I would say that they wear dirty diapers and laugh hysterically.

I may not have gotten a laugh but a little smile??

m said...

Drena's joke took me a little while. Cannot think of anything too funny. Bad day.

Wait, on vacation we got Caroline to get out of the baby pool and into the big kid pool and ocean by telling her a baby had gone poopie in it. Then every time we walked by the baby pool she would say "I don't see any poopie in it" and when we saw the baby she would say "there's the baby who went poopie in the pool". And there is no volume control on a three year old. We got some great looks.

Bethany said...

You're in hell with a preacher...do you really expect a laugh at this point?