Thursday, June 26, 2008

ups and downs of flying today

Ups:
--Well, this was going to be that my flight was leaving on time but then we were delayed.
--I have air on the plane unlike the other day so I am not sweating to death. --Security was short with no extras measures done to me.
--I tried the apple dippers at Mickey D's in an effort to eat healthier and they were yummy!
--No traffic on the way home at 4:15 (gas must be really expensive).

Downs:
--I have one of the most annoying kids ever with an annoying mother too. I knew as soon as the got on the plane that it would not be good. You can just tell. This little girl is very demanding. When we were sitting at the gate she wanted to go, when we were in the air she wanted to land, then there was a point with about an hour left where she just screamed that she wanted a nap. I was so incredibly frustrated. She was right behind me so I could hear her over my ipod! I know that parents sometimes can't help if their kid acts up but honestly, that doesn't make it anymore enjoyable for me to have a screaming kid in my ear. You can also tell who the good parents are (which all the people I know that read this are) and who the bad parents are and this lady was definitely not a good parent. I could tell by the way she interacted with the little girl and how she handled the whole 3 hours of screaming. These people also stalked me and even though I stopped to pee when I got off the plane I still ended up right next to them on the damn train. How often does that happen in Atlanta's airport?
--People sharing war stories of delayed flights and reroutes. I held my tongue in the one up game.
--These same ladies also think that they don't have accents which is ridiculous considering they sound like those actors in movies where you say "no one really sounds like that"
--The guy in front of me was like 7 feet tall and when he lean on the seat it reclined before he even reclined it but once he did actually recline it I was left with my knees in pain (not really that big of a deal though).
--Did I mention the devil child sitting behind me?

No comments: