Sunday, June 22, 2008

This weekend, walks in the park and my storage unit.

This weekend was pretty good...I feel like it was really busy and I didn't get everything done that I wanted to...point in case is that I should be packing right now but I threw some things in a bag and I just hope that I remembered everything (checked and there are undies in there). Friday night was dinner with everyone at a Carribean place...it was interesting but the food was good. I hate how we always sit at long tables though because then I barely see or talk to the people at the other end of the table. Saturday was filled with shoots and then I went to have dinner with my mom, Richard, Alyson, and Zach and of course my little busy bee. We played at the table long past every else being ready to leave when dinner was over...she loves me, what can I say? She also loves to suck on my necklace.....the one Craig gave me for my birthday last year....it is nice when I get it back against my neck all slobbery. I love her though so it is ok :-)

Today I went to the park and did my exercise with Al...Sadly I never got around to doing my exercise yesterday so today I had to double up. For some reason the 101 goals keeps me motivated...I like to count the days that I have accomplished some of them :-) It has made me eat a piece of fruit every day, take a vitamin every day, and I have gotten in all my water (which I am now back to needing or I feel really thirsty). I also talked to Dudley about her personal trainer and we might do it together so that will be fun! If nothing else, these goals should help me get rid of the few pounds I put on in the last two months with traveling (that always happens for some reason unless I really stay on top of the exercising). When I went to the park I sort of expected it to be lively and full of activity. It was Pride week in Atlanta and I live in the more proud part of town, but there was nothing. They moved all the activities to the Civic center so they were not in Piedmont Park anymore :-( I also didn't go to the parade this year because I was busy waiting for a client that never showed up. Oh well. There is always next year.

Finally, I got my storage unit last Wednesday and I LOVE it!!! I have begun to clean out my closet and actually I have gotten a lot of stuff out. I need to get a couple more storage boxes for my closet to put some of my crafts in now that I have moved all the boxes from my camera stuff that I didn't want to get rid of into the storage unit. Other things that take up a lot of room: cooler, suitcase, printer I barely use, out of season purses/shoes. These are all gone!! I can see the closet floor. I actually took before pictures and will take after but I am pretty sure I will be too embarassed to put them up. I am also going to turn my coat closet into a prop closet (still have the coats in there but the rest of it will be props, I think. It is fun to reorganize everything, but hard at the same time. I had to do it in between sessions this weekend and I am hoping I can get all my editing done this week while I am out of town and then finish up the cleaning on Thursday. I told Craig that he would be so proud of how clean and organized it will be....now I have to make sure I finish :-)

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I am off to Albany tomorrow for a few days..shouldn't be too bad and it feels like my second home there now. I also got another employee so soon I will have two seniors working under me...it will really help to get all the work spread out! Sorry this was a bit of a rambling post.

No comments: