Friday, June 27, 2008

Personal Trainer kicked my arse

So tonight was my first session with my new personal trainer...Dudley's personal trainer too so we did the session together. The best way to describe it is that I am sitting on my floor right now getting ready to do some editing from last weekend and I am not so sure I will be able to get up. I really should take a bath with epsom salt but I don't want to make sure my tub is clean and I don't want to take a bath in my tub if it isn't just cleaned. Anyway, he was tough!! The good part of it was that he showed us things that I will be able to do in my hotel room (squats, stairs, jumps, climbing on chairs). I wore Al and I burned almost 700 calories during the session. At one point after jumping through all these hoops (literally) my heart rate percentage was 101% of my maximum heart rate...how is that even possible?? I am not sure it is. Maybe Al was mad I was making him work so hard. I think that this will be good for me though because I hope that it will make me work out when I am not there so I am not in pain every time I am (or after I am I guess I should say).

Nothing going on tonight...editing, cleaning and watching the TBS version of Wedding Crashers...

And, yes, I had never seen Footloose...very sad, but I am going to get the soundtrack from Morgan this weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

2 comments:

Zane Hollingsworth said...

It is entirely possible to push your heart rate above 100% for short periods of time (assuming you're talking about 220-your age to determine your max rate). When i was training to squat my body weight for 10 minutes non stop in college (never made it past 7 minutes) i could keep my heart rate above 110% for a few minutes. I'd see stars and pass out afterwards but that was what I did for fun in college.

Mel said...

Yeah, last night Craig told me that it was ok if I got a little dizzy but when I started hearing a buzz it meant I really needed to stop. I didn't get to 110% and the rest of the time it hovered around 97% but that is still a lot for me. I didn't do the calculation either...Al does it based on your resting heart rate that you "test" with him because they say the 220-age is a good estimate but it is not the same for everyone. Well, I didn't pass out and I feel confident I was working really hard :-)