Sunday, June 29, 2008

I will probably regret doing this,

But I will do it anyway. Today I woke up a little stressed, or should say I went to bed stressed. Morgan and I went to Drena's last night and left sort of late. On the way home the exit we needed was closed and the one following it was also closed so we had to go way out of the way and ended up in a bad area of town at 12:30am. I am not one to get super squimish and sort of follow the philosophy that dangerous peopls can smell fear so if you act unafraid you will be better off. That being said, I also dont intentionally get in harm's way and last night felt like we were headed that way. Luckily Morgan has one of the most amazing sense of direction of anyone I have ever met and she got us to safety. By the time all this occurred I had not cleaned off and backed up my sessions from last weekend so I could use the card, had not changed the background at my place and had not packed a single thing for San Diego. This was problematic because as I had just discovered the highways were a mess and my first client was at 9. And 30 mins away, right through all that traffic, then I had to come back through the traffic around 11 to get back to my house by noon for the next shoot and then leave as soon as that one was over at 1 to go back through the traffic to catch my 3pm flight. Now you see how there was no extra time for cleaning cards, backing up, packing and changing backgrounds. I called Craig all stressed when I got in after 1 and as always he made me think it through and I did half last night (packing,changing background) and would do the rest (cleaning off cards) while drinking my latte. I was skeptical but I set the alarm for 7 and went to bed at 2am. Yikes!

So, today had all the potential to go wrong, but I was plesantly surprised... I got to the first client early and got all set up. The baby was AWESOME and I got some great shots and then was abler to leave early (I schedule 2 hours at the house for newborns cause they usually freak out at some point). Got back through town with no traffic and had 2 hours to take out trash and make sure I had packed undies and even to edit some pics. Second client showed up 20 mins early and again the baby was good so we were done by 12:30. Sweet! I was able to learn earlier for the airport and even though I sat in traffic I still made it in plenty of time! My flight is on time and I am in first class which includes dinner! I had dinner one other time on delta in first class and it was yummy so i hope this is too. Either that or I was just so tired of Australian food last time that it tasted good. I grabbed a snack in case. I also grabbed a photography magazine at the airport that has a section on portrait photography and the guy sitting next to me seems normal. Plus the movie is suposed to be Definitley, Maybe! I did forget my ipod but oh well. I will be back on Tuesday so I will deal. This has been the best flight experience as of late! Thought I should share and I hope it doesnt end with me on a runway for an hour before we take off. Tonight will be tough cause there is "lively" entertainment until 10pm and that 1am my time and since this is a PR trup for my department I need to go! At least I will gain 3 hours in the morning!! More later!

1 comment:

Drena said...

Good for you. You deserve a bit of good fortune!