Monday, June 16, 2008

Men and their golf...

I don't understand the facination! For those of you who don't know (or don't have a husband telling you), yesterday Rocco something and Tiger Woods tied at the US open, then they had to play 18 holes today and tied in that so they had to play another 18 holes and tied in that which finally sent them to sudden death. The first person to win a hole won the tournament. Well, today started our meeting and we took a break at 2:45 Nashville time and they turned the projector on with the match or whatever you call it on....we were supposed to have a 30 min break but since the contest continued we had an over 45 min break....it got me to thinking about how I just don't understand what is so appealing about watching golf. I love to play it, but I am not sure I could sit there for hours watching someone else play. I have to admit that I have never watched it so maybe I am missing out on something that is very entertaining but somehow, I doubt it!

4 comments:

Drena said...

I love it. Maybe you had to have grown up watching it with your father. I watched all of yesterday and a lot of today. It was awesome! I'm sorry that you don't get it, but for those of us that do it rocks! I watched sports for hours yesterday. After golf I watched the Celtics/Lakers game. I actually like watching sports a lot, but don't do it as often as I'd like because Adam doesn't like it. :(

Mel said...

I like sports too but golf just doesn't top that list for me....oh well...maybe I will try one day to see if I like it. It is funny that you like sports and Adam doesn't (though I seem to remember many a UGA game that you never actually went to or wanted to leave early from :-))

Drena said...

yes, I like partying better than watching sports! I also actually like to watch football better on TV than at the stadium. I know that is weird. Same for most sports actually. You get a much better view at home.

m said...

I do enjoy watching golf. It is relaxing. Not a huge fan watching it on a Saturday and Sunday night, but I did. It was a nice break from euro cup.