Monday, June 23, 2008

Flying is fun..NOT

This is how my day has gone so far:
6:30am: Got up for my 9:46 flight cause Atlanta's airport sucks on Monday morning
7:25am: Leave my house for the airport
7:35am: Realize I left my cell phone at home, oh well, at least I have a blackberry now. Hope no clients call.
7:50am: Get to the airport. No parking at my normal spot so I have to park further away, but not that big of a deal.
8:00am: See when I check in that my flight has been delayed until 11:50am...awesome.
8:05am: Decide I will check my bag so I don't have to drag it back to my car and then I will go home to get my phone and check the updates for flight status. Plus, I will stop at Publix to get the mix to make my latte. I was going to get one at the airport but now I just want it now and am going to make it at home. At least I get to avoid the long security line.
8:40am: Get home after my stop at Publix adn some traffic (light) on the connector.
8:45am: Check my flight again, now delayed until 12:50..hoping I get out today.
10:00am: Check my flight again and now see that I do not get to go directly to Albany but instead I get to go to LGA first. This also means that I will not get into Albany until 5:15...umm, the location personnel leave at 5. Problem. Another problem is that I checked my bag this morning. Are they going to move it? The lady on the medallion line says that they should but I should check when I get to the airport. I do not have a good feeling about this so I am packing an extra set of undies and a shirt (pants I can rewear if I have to and I don't have room for them since I already checked my bag!

I know you guys are entertained by my travel stories so I thought I would share this one with you. Hopefully the end result will end up ok but now I might be working tonight....that part sucks since I need to edit. Needless to say, the upside and downside of traveling today looks to be lopsided!

2 comments:

m said...

Hope you are now on your flight. Sounds like a rough morning.

Drena said...

i don't envy you.