Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The airport is quiet on Wednesday mornings!

I am used to flying on Monday and Friday when it is a zoo here but today was really calm. I got to the airport at a little past 7 and I was in the Starbucks line for my daily crack at 7:20! Nice! My plane is pretty empty (and cold) too but not empty enough for me to sit in first class :-( only 5000 miles until Gold medallion (which means I have flown 45,000 miles since March when I started traveling! That is a lot of miles! It was really nice to be in the office the last two days to get stuff done!

Have any of you seen Once? Great little indy film if you like that kind of thing (I will link it up later). The music from the movie is also fantastic and they have one of the songs on Delta's airplane playlist right now! It is really one of my favorites and if I knew how to connect videos....Molly or Carrie, hint, hint, then I would attach one for you.

Hope everyone has a good day! I think I might have a 5th flight in a row be on time!! (And I might move to the row of three to lay down and sleep).

5 comments:

Drena said...

we saw Once. Pretty good. Did you know they won an academy award for the song?

Mollypants said...

To embed:
on the youtube page, look to the right, there's a box of code that says "embed". copy it, then paste it into the html section of your entry. Even easier than uploading a picture :)
If you liked the music, let me know and I'll send you a bunch of tunes to get that's off the beaten path. I think I know where my blank CD's are, I'll even make you a copy.
And I totally don't mean that in a "I'm gonna make you a mixtape" kinda way.

Mel said...

Thanks for the instructions Molly, and I would love for you to make me a mixtape :-) I love the music from the movie, Craig just gave me some....

Yes, Drena, I did know that and did you know that they are together in real life and neither of them were actors?

Mollypants said...

aw, that sounds so indie-hipster of me, making a mixtape and all.
It is a good movie though - a little off topic, but I group them together since I saw them together - have you seen Across the Universe? It's REALLY good, and I was shocked at how much I liked the music, and I don't like people remaking the Beatles, as a rule.

Mel said...

No, Morgan has been wanting to see it and I would be game but Dudley is usually there and she hates the Beatles...I KNOW, so I haven't seen it yet...in my blockbuster queue though. Love the Beatles so hopefully it is good!