Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good Deed

I forgot to mention my good deed today. When I was running I saw a check laying on the ground so I bent down to look at it and it turns out that it was a blank check from some guy in Ohio. Yikes....imagine if someone that wasn't honest like me got it. I was going to mail it to him with a little note that I found it (just because I don't want him to worry) but wasn't going to put a return address or anything on there. One time someone found my ID and credit card in a post office mailbox (after a really drunk night where I lost my whole purse) and mailed it back to me and even though it was 4 months later, I still thought it was nice...never did figure out how they got in there....ah, mr. alcohol!

3 comments:

Mollypants said...

If someone finds one of my checks, they probably won't get anything more than the paper they're printed on. I always say that if my identity is stolen, they'll probably actually make me better off.

Drena said...

You should put a return address...they may send you a little gift for your kindness!

Mel said...

you never know how people react to you sending them a blank check of theirs, not sure I want a return address on there...maybe my work address :-)