Sunday, August 3, 2008

Briefly Home

I got home today at about 6pm...perfect. Just enough time to unpack, repack, run to work to pick up some work, clean my toilet (that turns pink when it goes unflushed for 10 days) and ge CDs out to clients. Oh yeah, and do the bachelorette invitations for my sister's party. I am also catching up on some TV that I had DVDered....what is a good way to spell that? Anyway, tomorrow I am off to Detroit. I can't say that I am super excited. Not sure what to expect from my hotel but it was only $80 a night....hmmm. There were no Hiltons or Marriotts nearby but hopefully my hotel will be ok. I also doubt there are many good places to eat and I feel like I gain a pound a week which is not good for the bridesmaid dress I need to fit into in 60 days. So, need to be better about that. I am also only going to be 3 hours from Craig so I am sort of hoping we can each drive halfway to meet each other for dinner but he has been super busy and working really late at work so not sure it will work out...he has a ton of deadlines to meet this month. On the bright side...I do get to finally meet my second employee. That is why I am going to Detroit.

I leave tomorrow morning and I really hope that all goes well. I have just had so many travel nightmares lately that I am not sure I will have the patience for it tomorrow. Hopefully it will work out....I think that I would be more confident if I hadn't just had an early delayed flight 3 days ago. I will fill you guys in on the beach trip later...it was a lot of fun and I am definitely burnt a little bit :-( Hope everyone had a good weekend and hopefully you will not hear from me tomorrow morning because I will be on time and everything.