Friday, August 15, 2008

stinky people and stroller wheels

I am hopefully going to be on time (4th time in a row so maybe my luck is back). I am also sitting next to a man who is of an ethnicity not known for using deodorant. Ugh!

So this is a question for you moms out there...when I got on the plane there was a lady folding down her stroller to be cchecked at the gate and she removed two of the wheels, sort of like people do when they don't want their bikes stolen. Is this some $900 stroller that she doesn't want stolen? She had a little bag to put them in, I just have never seen this before!

Oh and smelly boy is a speedreader or just likes pictures because he very loudly started "reading" the paper 5 minutes ago and only has one section left because very louly opens and turns each page for 5 seconds and then puts it away. He hasn't read a thing and by the time I typed this he finish an entire newspaper.....one with about 10-12 sections!!!! What in the world??

3 comments:

Mollypants said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mollypants said...

I'm not a mom, but I read this and called an authority to get the scoop...I was just told by my flight attendant friend Cara that they take them off the expensive ones because they can get punctured or bent because they are inflated like regular tires on your car...the other strollers have wheels that either aren't inflated or are plastic or are inflated without the ability to refill the wheel. Because the cabin is pressurized, and the cargo hold is not so much, they ask parents to remove them so they won't implode or explode in transit. She says she forgets to tell people all the time though, and nothing happens, she thinks its an urban flight myth, like an ipod interfering with communication signals. They are on those $900 strollers though. Seriously, NINE HUNDRED? It better come with a baby-sitter.
Yes, I enjoy asking questions like that. I don't know why.

Rebecca said...

I've never heard of that. We obviously have a poor-man's stroller...