Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My beach trip in picture form...

For the record, these were taken with a point and shoot, most of them in a moving car, on auto with no adjustments so please don't judge my photography based on these :-)



Here we are on the way to visit my aunt and grandma....I wish that you could see more of her dress...it could be another one to go with her leggins picture!





Doesn't she look just like her daddy?? It is amazing! I fixed her hair...that is why the bow is sticking straight up, I thought it would be cute :-)


Another of the bow sticking up....


Here is what happens to her hair after my beautiful job of fixing her hair and what I look like with no makeup on...scary on both accounts, huh, oh and that is her signature screeching face!




This is how you entertain a 10 month old on a 6 hour car trip. I think that she was happy to have the company in the backseat and I was able to keep her pretty entertained a lot of the time. This is before nap number one....

She thinks it is funny to touch the lens!


Trying to get the cord!


She finally got it and it makes her so happy...who knew a cord on the camera could be so entertaining but she giggled like crazy when I would pull it out of her hand.

Then in 10 seconds she gets tired and here is what happens! I don't understand why kids don't go to sleep when they are tired...they just cry and cry...weirdos!

Finally she is asleep. About 2 seconds after she went to sleep I went to sleep...Zach said that every time she moved I did too...at least I wasn't going to cry when I woke up!

It was a really relaxing time once I actually got there. My sister and I hung out on the beach on Friday while my mom watched Ariyana and Zach dug a huge hole on the beach. He had all these little boys helping him and it was like he was a forman at a construction site but it entertained everyone involved. Saturday Alyson and Zach went parasailing in the morning while my mom watched Ariyana and I laid on the beach. My mom came out for a little while and we went in the ocean and then my sister and I went for a walk for a little while when she got back.

Saturday night we decided to go down to the boardwalk. My parents have had the same timeshare for as long as I can remember and we would always go to the Pavillion twice during the week (this was an amusement park similar to a smaller Six Flags). After that we would go to the boardwalk and play skee-ball. I think that was mostly for my dad but we would save up all our tickets and our whole goal was to get this huge whale stuffed animal...I can't even remember how many tickets he was but I know we saved them from one year until the next. We would also go to the candy store and get some ice cream. My sister really wanted to take Zach down there and get some ice cream. They have torn down the Pavillion but the boardwalk is still there. So when we get there we have to pay $10 to park in some crappy lot and the lady who collects our money is disgusting. She had the back of her t-shirt tucked into her bra but in Zach's words, "if you didn't see her face you wouldn't know which was the front cause she had so much back fat" ewww...then we see the ice cream store..which is now also a henna tattoo place, a body piercing place and where you can get caricatures done....whatever. We had fun in the arcade and won Ariyana a little stuffed animal and headed to get some ice cream. No more homemade, it was Blue Bunny.....hmmm and then a fight almost broke out nearby. It was a little ghetto for us so we headed home. So sad how you remember things from when you are little and they aren't like that anymore. I guess you overlook a lot when you are little but that place has definitely gone downhill. I think that Alyson was a little disappointed :-(

That was pretty much the beach....nothing too exciting which was good and it was really good to spend time with everyone. With all my traveling and with my business I have a hard time hanging out for a really long time so it was nice to spend some days with everyone instead of some hours. At the end my niece was actually reaching for me to pick her up and it made me really happy!

4 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Aww, she is sooo cute :) Sounds like you had a nice time.

Drena said...

She is really pretty. I love her hair!

Anonymous said...

That parking woman was trippin. She should have been wearing a back bra if there is such a thing. Good pictures too :) and for the record the hole I dug was massive!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.