Monday, August 18, 2008

I want a Wii

I can't find it anywhere :-( I have been told by lots of people to look her or look there but there are none!!! So, what do you do when you want a toy you can't have? Call your mom of course :-) My mom has a costco membership and I have heard there are some there so she is going to get one for me if she can (I am going to call them tomorrow to see if they have them).

Today was a long day for me. It was my first one back in the office in a month and it was busy. I had meetings all morning and then I worked on my expense reports....all 9 of them...yikes...it is over $7K in reimbursements and it took most of my day! Also, I think that the 4/10hr days talk is on hold...apparently I missed a meeting while I was gone where it was discussed and supposedly they are looking at it...now that it is all out there it might be harder to do it on the sly. I did plant the seeds though so we will see. I just didn't feel that it would go over well today.

On the fun side of things, Craig and I have started to plan our trip this fall. I find planning with boys to be so frustrating and he just laughs at me. Typically I am a relaxed traveler and all I need to know is when we are flying and where I am sleeping...that is where the challenge comes in....we can't decide what our second park is going to be between Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Parks or Yosemite. The problem is that we are only going to have one to two days and at first we were going to do both but then we would really just be driving through, so we are going to pick one..just not sure which one.....anyone been to either? At first I was thinking that I would rather do Yosemite when we had more time but then that one is a little easier to get to and saves us 3 hours in driving. We are starting in Vegas and going to Death Valley and then on to San Fran....just not sure of the route. Oh well, I did book us tickets to see Alcatraz today and got our rental car with points. Last night I booked us hotels in Vegas and San Fran (no Hiltons in the middle of the desert). Tonight we are supposed to talk more about which park we want to go to...that is, if he can focus :-) That was a little of a ramble...sorry

7 comments:

Mollypants said...

My little brother got one the first week and said that you can get one by going to Toys R Us first thing sunday morning. They save some to put out when the sunday flyers come out so they can say "we have Wii" on the flyer. I don't know though, this was about a year ago when he told me that. Good luck!

Mollypants said...

As for going on a trip with a boy, I have no idea on that one either...Eric and I were dirt poor when we lived together, Levi was off playing war in Iraq forever so I never got to plan one in either relationship. GOSH I have difficult ex-boyfriends. Never gotten flowers, never gone on vaycay, how have I been dating for 12 years and neither of these have happened?

Drena said...

I went to Yosemite when I was little. I don't really remember it, but I've have our photos and it looks awesome!

Our planning consists of me picking where to go, when to go, where I want to stay, and what I want to do! It's good to be me! Adam really is a good sport.

Mel said...

Yeah, well, Craig likes to be the one to pick out places and I let him do the planning of what to see but I usually do flights and hotels and this time he wants to "help" but he doesn't have time so it frustrates me...oh well...we have all but two nights of hotels booked so i guess I shouldn't complain.

Erin H. said...

Just a warning, once you get the Wii, the good games are also in short supply. I ordered Dave Mario Kart for Father's Day (in June), and it just shipped TODAY!

m said...

I do love the Wii! We got our through Costco, but supposedly if you see it in the Target circular then they should have some in the store that day, but normally sell out pretty quick.

Matt's recommends Yosemite over Sequoia. He said Sequoia is pretty much just big trees.

How did I just now find this post from yesterday?

Mel said...

Yeah, no Wiis at the two Costco's I called...I think that I can order it online so I am going to look for that now...I bet I have to pay more for it...anyone have any idea how much it costs in the store so I don't get ripped off.

Meghan, thanks for the suggestion....big trees are cool but Yosemite might be cooler...I just worry that we won't have enough time to enjoy Yosemite...did Matt have favorite parts?