Thursday, August 21, 2008

A discussion of song meaning...

Ate with Craig tonight and it was really good to get to see him :-)



I have a little game for you guys....he sent me this song the other day and we were discussing what it meant...he had a totally different idea about it then I did. I told him that if I asked 10 people what they thought the song meant then 8 of them would agree with me. He challenged me to actually do it, so I am going to post it here and I want you (without cheating and reading somewhere what the musician meant) to tell me what your first reaction is when you hear it. After a few answers I will tell you guys the full story of what I thought it meant and what he said it meant.


1 comment:

Mollypants said...

Maybe I already know too much about Rivers Cuomo...but. I haven't looked up anything, but I think it's about the fact that he always thought that he could find happiness and contentment in someone else, or in something outside of himself. Then after what he's been through, he realized it was always within himself. When he does find someone else, he wants them to find that same thing within themselves...when I first heard it, I thought the end said "peace shalom" but then I listened to it again and realized it's actually "peace alone."
But then again, Rivers Cuomo is really weird.