Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ew, gross

Drena posted a while back and asked what gross thing we did...yesterday got me to thinking that I could post this one. I left my place with AL to go to Piedmont Park to exercise and one the way there felt something funny on my leg....what is it you ask? Well, see my legs haven't been shaved in a week or more and it was the wind blowing the little hairs. Now, I realize this is yucky but, I sleep alone and my hair is completely blonde on my legs...you can't see it at all unless you really look at it. I always shave when I am going to wear a dress or go to Craig's but sometimes in between I get a little lazy. It was really windy yesterday so I think that is why I felt it but I realized I needed to shave immediately! It got me to thinking though....guys have hair on their legs that is way longer than my one week growth....do they feel funny on their legs when they stand in the wind? Does it blow around or something? Hmm....

In other news, Indianapolis doesn't look like a big city...either that or I missed the city part on the way from the airport to the auction, not sure which. It looks a lot like Ohio. Lots of corn fields and these little small roads you go on that are two lanes and then all of a sudden it opens up to all these shopping centers. The Controller told me that my hotel was in a nice area with lots of places to eat (and I am starving...darn getting up at 5:45 and only have a latte and salad all day). I need to see if there is a Starbucks nearby. I also have XM radio in my car...love it when that happens.

Still trying to figure out the middle two days on our trip....I told Craig of Matt's suggestion to go to Yosemite instead of Sequoia because Sequoia was just big trees, so now I think that we are going Yosemite and apparently there is a little park right outside of it that has the same "big trees" so we are just going to stop there. The problem with letting Craig look for areas is that he will being looking for one thing and then find 5 that he wants to do. He doesn't think about time and how there isn't enough of it to do all the things he wants so I always feel like a mom trying to tell him that he can't do something he wants to do. Not that I wouldn't like to do the things, it is just that there are only so many hours in a day and so many days on a vacation. It is going well though and I think that we reduced the time we will spend just driving in the car which is good for me because I get antsy.

On the to do list tonight is to work on my photography website....let's see how much I actually get done.

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

Yeah, I do the same thing with shaving - with razor blades at LEAST $2 a piece these days, it's necessary. Plus, like you, I have blonde hair too, I've actually had people accuse me of shaving my arms, although I don't know why I'd do that.

Mel said...

ew, could you imagine what arm stumble would be like? Yuck...glad I am not the only hairy woman!