Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Spin Class

I finally was able to get back to a spin class today. It actually wasn't that bad. I was expecting to be really sore today because I went to the personal trainer yesterday and even though I had tried to do some exercises on the road, it was not as much as when I am in town. I must say that I am a little bit proud of myself for not being so completely out of shape that I was dying. I also drank A TON of water yesterday so maybe that helped with not getting sore and all that.

It has been quiet on the blogs lately :-( Not much going on with me either. This weekend I am going to Ohio to visit with Craig. I did find out that the UGA game will be on at the UGA alumni bar in Cincy so I think that we may go down there and watch it....it is fun to be in a strange city and watch a game with the people there. I also have this craving to go putt-putt..not sure why, it has been years but I think that we might do that too. Then we are going to visit my cousin in Columbus and see his 7 month old baby. Busy weekend but not really. There will be plenty of time to relax and talk about our trip, which will be the next time we see each other after this :-(

Work is sort of all over the place now, we can travel, we can't travel, we are going here and there, no we aren't. It is a little nuts but hopefully some of that will settle soon and if not, at least I have football season to look forward to!!

Also, working on another girls weekend WAY in advance, so for those of you who haven't seen the email yet, it is waiting for you!

I am entering a photo contest tomorrow so if by any chance I have a photo picked then I will be sure to let you guys know. I don't expect it to happen and I really only love one of the photos I am entering (usually you can enter more than one for the same price and you never know what other people's tastes are). It seems to funny to me in a way....someone else telling you that something you see as artistic isn't good enough or something. I remember that I wanted to take photography classes in college but then I didn't because I didn't like being graded on the fact that my teacher didn't like my subject matter. I thought that it would be hard for them to be objective if I took pictures of flowers and they hated pictures of flowers. I felt like even if the picture was technically sound they would still give me a bad grade because they didn't like the subject (just used flowers as an example). Guess I wasn't too confident in my abilities. Oh well, it was better to come up with a style of my own and not to be influenced by a teacher pushing their style on me.

Yep, that is about it for me....pretty boring.

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

hey, you should at least put some of your artistic photos on flickr or something...maybe we can work a fine art trade?

Mel said...

hmm, what is this fine art trade you speak of? I need to learn more about copyrights. I have this photo that I LOVE but it is of Chihuly when it was in Piedmont Park which is taking a picture of someone else's artwork and even though the other elements in the photo are what makes it cool, you can't really show that I don't think...need to learn stuff like that. I think that I do have a flickr account but then I heard of people stealing photos so I never really uploaded a lot on there.