Monday, August 4, 2008

Craig finally learned his power

This reminded me of a conversation that we had on Molly's blog....today Craig told me that UGA was ranked #1 in the preseason poll (and I am really ashamed to admit that I hadn't seen the official list but I plead hours in the airport and being at the beach with no internet as my excuse). I then told him that he definitely needed to come to a game cause we were ranked so high to which he replied "that would be good, or actually that wouldn't be good". So, for those of you who don't know Craig's record with UGA football, let me enlighten you.....he didn't come to any games last year cause we couldn't work it out and that was during the whole "break" thing but he did come to two games the year before...Vandy and Kentucky. For those of you who still can't remember that season....that would be the year we lost to both of those teams in the same year...the first time since the year I was born I believe. Morgan, Dudley and I decided he was bad luck and not allowed to come to anymore games...he sort of laughed at it and said that he highly doubted that his being there affected the game. HA, tonight when he realized that it mattered he decided that it might be best to not come to one this year..he said that they always do well when he watches them on TV so we better not risk it :-) So, moral of the story....you can definitely train men to come around to your sports...it just takes time....good luck Molly, took me two years and three seasons!

So, are you guys supersitious and should I keep him away?

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

I wore the same pair of underwear to every game I could in college - silver, so I could wear my silver britches. Every game I wore them to, we won. 37-17 against Florida. 30-17 against Tennessee. You get the drift. They got lost in the move when I moved apartments in Boston, and I cried forEVER. Superstition works!

Rebecca said...

When we beat Florida in 2004 I was pregnant with Zachary. When we beat Florida last year, I was pregnant with Liam. So now Josh is under the impression that I have to be pregnant when we play Florida in order to win. I told him that's not going to happen every year....