Friday, August 1, 2008

Rough morning

So I hadn't planned on having any travel issues this morning to blog about but here I am! I slept late cause my alarm didn't go off and woke up at 6:21 for a 7:15 flight. Not good! I decided to haul ass to the airport so I still have on the shirt I slept in (when I finally got to bed at 12:15). I actually made it through security and all the way to the D gate by 7. Pretty amazing if you ask me! Get on my plane and sit for 5 mins before they say that there is a maintenance issue and we have to get off....awesome! So here I sit AGAIN! And tmi but I didn't even pee before I left me house so I had to wait until I got on the plane. That is normally a first thing sort of event for me in the morning. Oh well, here is to wishing that I get out of here soon. At least there was a Starbucks next to my gate so the addiction can continue :-)

Oh and I heard on the radio on the way here that there have been two kids this week who were injured on escalators at the airport because of crocs/sandals. So now there is a new announcement about being careful with children and "soft shoes". It is the same guy who does the Homeland Security announcement (would if that sentence flagged my blog for some government agency- hope they are entertained by my travel woes). He has the most borin voice ever!

Oh and I think that I decided last night to have a talk with my boss and see if I can work 4-10 hour days and have one day off on the weeks I don't travel. I hope that I can use all the time in the airport and a bargaining tool. When am I supposed to buy toilet paper when I am delayed 3 hours each time. She is cool so hopefully she will go for it and I will still answer emails if it is an emergency or something. We will see.

1 comment:

m said...

Hope you made it to the beach!