Monday, August 4, 2008

I am an idiot....

So, I am in Detroit and I wasn't sure where the auction was exactly so I looked it up online and booked my hotel based on some recommendations from my employee. Problem was, she is not actually at the auction but at the service center (quite a ways away) so I guess I decided to book closer to the auction...then as I was getting ready to leave this morning I remember her saying her address was different. Hmmm....now I was confused. So after work I went to one of the hotels that was her suggestion (Comfort Suites). I am not sure why she didn't suggest one of the Hilton's or Marriott's since we were so close to the airport but I guess there is nothing else around. For some reason I kept thinking that the hotel didn't sound right but I looked at so many that I just figured I forgot....I get to the hotel and the guy doesn't have me...oops. I do remember that the hotel I booked was a cancel 24 hrs in advance or be charged so I know I have to stay wherever it is...so I have to make the embarassing call to our travel agency and ask where I was booked for the night.....Holiday Inn Express...5 miles up the highway...ohhhhh. Oops. I get on the highway and then get off at my exit...there is NOTHING around and the hotel next door looks suspect. Turns out my hotel is very nice but I will have to drive back down to the other place (about a 10 min drive) to get any food. The only thing up here is pizza and I am really trying to eat well. I feel really bad but I called the front desk and I am going to check out tomorrow morning and move to the other hotel. I do have free internet here so I hope I have it at the other hotel, but I just don't want to drive back and forth...hope that isn't too mean. I don't know why I even feel bad for the hotel, not like they care and there are other people here. My room is just fine and I even have a fridge but I just want to be closer to good decisions for eating....I seriously have gained a pound a week for the last 6-7 weeks and that dress is not going to fit...unfortunately I cannot eat junk food and keep my girlish figure :-) Ok, more later.....

3 comments:

Drena said...

that's not mean...it's smart!

m said...

very smart. like they really care how many nights you end up staying. how long are you in detroit?

did you see madonna or micheal moore at the airport?

Mel said...

I know...I think that part of it is just that this city seems so sad and rundown and poor so I just feel sorry for the city in general..I know that isn't true, but it is just how it seems.

I am only in Detroit for the week...then I go back to Virginia.