Monday, July 7, 2008

Frustrations

In my second hotel room for the night....the first one was TINY and didn't have a desk so I changed rooms. I feel like I should take Al downstairs and work out but I got up so early this morning that I sort of doubt that is going to happen.

I am frustrated and it is related to business but I will vent here since it doesn't give specifics.... This week I changed hosts for my website because my brother in law has been using the new host for YEARS and since this is what he does for a living they know him and they were going to give me 10 times the space for the same price..awesome, huh. Well, when we switched it messed up everything with my proofing album software and my email. Now, if this was a slow time then it wouldn't be a big deal but I had three clients who haven't had their pictures uploaded and several that were trying to order. I like to get everything up and edited in a week....I feel like it is best to get the pictures done when the parents are still excited about them and in a reasonable amount of time. Luckily with Zach's help I figured out the email thing on Sunday but couldn't do the proofing site on my own. Today Zach spent all day with the guy who owns the software trying to get it to work and finally thought he had solved everything. Tonight I go to upload those pictures that I haven't been able to and they won't upload!! Ugh....I contacted the guy and hopefully we can get it resolved soon but with training my new employee I don't get to spend a lot of time doing personal stuff during the day so I am not sure how I will check tomorrow...it has me frustrated because I feel like I can't deliver the product. I also have 4 sessions this weekend and I don't want to not be able to upload those next week...people are only patient for so long, you know. Hopefully it will all get resolved...Zach is really smart and the guy who owns the software is quick to respond, so here is to hoping! I just feel like when you have your own business it is all on you and you have to make sure things go smoothly and I sort of feel like they aren't right now.

I had fun reading everyone's blogs! They are like crack to me and I get so sad on the weekends when there aren't as many posts...glad everyone is back and not on vacation anymore and stuff!

No comments: