Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sleepy...

I feel drained! My new employee is really sweet but it is just draining trying to train someone and do your own work! I don't feel like I have too much to talk about...not horror stories with travel (thank goodness) and no kids and no creativity right now. I brought my camera here but I haven't taken any pictures and I only have one more night..maybe I will do some tomorrow.

Watching Baby Borrowers...sad I know! I would rather be watching the Tour de France but I don't have that channel here so I have to just check it on the internet. I know a lot of you think I am nuts for watching it and don't understand the strategy but just like anything else, there definitely is one.

So, I responded to the message from the ex...kept it simple and just said "yep, it is me, how are you doing?" He wrote back with a timeline of his jobs and the fact that he is married with a daughter and due to have another one in September. Just makes you think about the people you have dated and how different you life would be if you had stayed with them. I think that it also sort of makes you realize how you really weren't right for a person (or them for you) but how when you find the right person, everything just seems to fall in place. He had moved like 3 times in the last 8 years and all over the place and I just can't imagine that he would have ever done that if I had asked him to....course he didn't do it for his wife either, he did it for his own job but still. I am a little jealous because sometimes I feel very left out of the whole having kids thing....I am around it all the time..with my family, with my friends, with the two girls that sit anywhere near me at work. The reason I think that I feel left out is because I think that I would be ready to have kids now....of course not in my current position but just in general so it isn't like I am all "yuck, why would you want kids" and so when you know you are sort of ready (if you are every ready) it is hard to be around it all the time. That said, I know that things will all happen for a reason and all that good stuff, but a little part of me was a little jealous that he has a daughter and another one on the way...silly I know.

Sidenote....on Baby Borrowers they are showing toddlers and how the have accidents and they blur out the poop...what a weird thing to blur out..not that I want to see it but still. For those who don't know, it is a show where 5 sets of teens have to take care of babies for 3 days, toddlers for 3 days, preteens for 3 days, teens for 3 days and then elderly people for 3 days....it is to show these 18 year olds that they are not ready to have babies.....last week was the babies and this week is the toddlers....hence the pooping....that brings up something else....when George Carlin died his stand up was on all the time and he has this bit about words the bleep out on TV and one of them was 'fart' I thought that was weird, but then I can't think of a time when I actually heard it on TV...can you?

Enough rambling! Going to check the tour.

6 comments:

Clh03uga said...

Melissa...what is your other website you keep referring to in previous posts? Are you doing freelance photography? I want to check out your website. I am always looking for good photographers for Hudson's pictures.
Chelsea

Mel said...

Yep, I do photography...dont want to post my website here because I want to keep that separate from this blog so no clients searching come up with this blog when they do a search...if you want to give me your email then I will email it to you or you can email me at myfirstandlastname10 at gmail (obviously replace my first and last name and then put the 10, but again, in case clients search).

Drena said...

hang in there. Love you.

m said...

Hmmmm, honestly? Do not ever think you and the other dude would have worked. You are way cooler then him. Good that he has moved all over, but you have gotten to travel and stay near your friends. Moving is an adventure, but it also has its downside.

Mel said...

Oh please don't misunderstand...I DO NOT want to be with him at all!! I am glad we are not together, I was just saying that I get a little jealous cause I want that with someone else (Craig obviously), we just haven't made it there yet...that was all...definitely not trying to go back in time!

Drena said...

I understood what you were saying!