Thursday, July 24, 2008

Positive....

Well, I didn't know my travel post would create such a stir, but maybe everyone is just bored today :-) Anyway, I feel like a lot of my posts have been negative and I don't want to be a negative post so I am going to try harder to be positive. I will admit that it is extremely comforting to me to write those ranting posts when I am stuck in airports and to know that you guys will read them and give me a little perky comment back to entertain me but I don't want it to seem like that is all I am about...considering moving to another blog or something so you guys don't have to read it here. So, what is on my mind today? I am still really tired...I feel like I have been up until 2am for the last two nights ....oh wait, I have :-) I am going to a clients house in a little while for some newborn pics....I am excited because her pregnancy shoot was fun. I did call and tell her I was on the tailend of a cold so if she wanted to reschedule then I would but she said it was cool..I hope that it goes well....and then I am going to go to sleep early tonight after I pack. On another positive note...traffic was great again today! I rode Marta to work cause I didn't want to take a cab all the way to Corporate last night and then drive home and that is where my car was but I drove home and there was no traffic...so awesome..people must be on vacation or broke or something.

So, when I got home today I saw a cleaning person van in the parking lot...I am seriously considering calling them..I know my place is small but geez if I have time to clean...or want to make time I guess. For those of you that have them....what do they clean exactly? Surely it can't be too expensive if I only have 4 rooms, right?

And, tomorrow while waiting at the airport I am going to start my first book on my list from the 101 goals that you guys suggested.....it is from Drena. "how to build wealth one house at a time" I am considering buying a rental house so it is probably a good book for me to read :-)

Not much else...I will check in later after my session.....hopefully I will be watching the tour tonight :-)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

We broke down a hired a cleaning lady back in May. With both of us working & 2 kids, cleaning was just not high on our list of things we wanted to spend our time doing (but at the same time - it needs to be done). It's the best $80 every other week that we spend (for a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath house). This lady comes with a guy each week (haven't been able to figure out the relationship/connection - she's from Brazil & doesn't speak too much English). She makes our kitchen & bathroom absolutely spotless - we had never been able to get the stovetop or shower totally cleaned but she somehow did. We have those faux wood blinds throughout the house and she cleans those (as well as the ceiling fan blades). She does not clean the windows or inside the oven, but she did clean out the inside of our toaster oven and microwave. She of course vaccuums, dusts, mops, etc. They are amazing. My mom started using her on a recommendation from a co-worker of hers who uses her, and then we started using her too. Let me know if you'd be interested in getting in touch with her for a quote (she came out to look at our house before she cleaned to tell us how much it would be for every other week or monthly).

Mel said...

oh my gosh, yes!!!! you can use the email on my facebook account or I can email you..That sounds like just what I need..I have all those kids here all the time so it gets dirty and then I get home on Fridays sometimes only to have them showing up at 9am on Saturday so I need someone who can clean up after the last time they come before the next time and I just don't want to spend my one free night to hang out with friends cleaning..you know.

m said...

You really should look into it. We have had someone since Caroline was around six months old - too difficult to clean with kids around and too tired when they are asleep. It is completely worth it and both people we have used have done great (first one moved). For your little place (from what you have said!) I doubt it will be too expensive and you will love it! I usually leave when Janet is here and the best feeling is when I walk in the door after she is done. AMAZING!!!!! Although the straighten up beforehand can be a pain since things can get messy - just finished for tomorrow!