Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 6th...

Since I missed the 4th :-) Craig ended up not getting here until 3am on Thursday night...traffic was really bad for him along the way and it took him longer than it ever has. I felt bad for him cause he was exhausted when he got here. I had actually fallen asleep on the couch watching Into the Wild but as soon as he got here we went straight to bed...I had to get up in 3 hours to do the Peachtree. Since my mom was doing it with me and had a 70,000 number, I was not in any sort of realy hurry to get going in the morning. My mom got here around 6:30 and we went to wait in the long line for Marta..I should have gotten them the night before...oh well. We lucked out and right after we walked down to the train a Doraville one came. Now I am not sure if any of you have ever tried to ride Marta the morning of the Peachtree but it is ridiculous!! I really didn't even have anywhere to hang out and just sort of had to train surf the whole time (which really makes you notice all the nooks and crannies of the track cause they make you tip and fall). We got off and started the trek to the starting line and our coralling area. We made it to almost the starting area by 7:25 so not too bad...too bad we had to wait until time group 7. We actually made a quick stop at the porta potty and since it was right between group 6 and 7 we snuck into group 6 which had a start time of 8:22am..the winners were already done! I had joked with my mom that we could watch the winners come by my street and then go to the beginning to start our race..I am pretty sure we could have done it this year but we didn't. The race went pretty well for us...I haven't really run since the half marathon and not much before that so I wasn't expecting much and my mom was about the same. We ran/walked the first three miles and then we walked the rest of it since it was all up hill. We did pretty well. The new ending was straight up a hill which my mom was none too thrilled about. I felt fine walking but her knee was really bothering her so it made it sort of difficult. I actually liked the new structure of the ending..you didn't walk as far for t-shirts and the line was shorter once you got to them. All in all a good experience....though the over a mile walk home was a little tough after we had already done 6 miles. I actually wore Al through the whole thing and in total, with the race and the walk back I burned over 1000 calories...SWEET, bring on the cookout!!

After the race my sister, Zach, Ariyana, and Richard came to join Craig, mom and I for a cookout. This was Craig's first time around Ariyana and wasn't sure what he thought cause he was pretty quiet all day....she liked to give him funny looks and climb on him. He was also the only one who would give her the remote and pick it up for her every time she threw it on the floor. Later on he said that he doesn't normally think that babies are that cute because they all look the same but that he thought she was really cute and had good facial expressions.

That night we went to Morgan's parent's place to watch the fireworks without all the hassles and noise. It was actually really fun because we could see the Lenox, Stone Mtn, and Decatur ones along with tons of little displays in between.

Yesterday we were pretty lazy and slept late, then we went and looked at the car that I really want!!! It is so darn cute but I have a hard time justifying a huge purchase like this right now....but then again, I always have a hard time justifying a huge purchase so I never do it. After that we walked around downtown and took some pictures...there were TONS of people out. Craig left this morning :-( The visit seemed so short, as it always does. Sad. I am going to try to go and see him in a few weeks because my boss said she didn't mind me working from there so hopefully that will work out.

Not much else going on...I switched hosts for my website and they switched it faster than I thought which caused all of my albums and email to go down...ARRRRG.....at least it was a holiday weekend and maybe there weren't people trying to log on. It is just frustrating....hopefully Zach will be able to get it all fixed up for me after the weekend....

Hope everyone had a fun 4th!

1 comment:

Drena said...

It's always fun to see boys around babies for the first time. Adam told me tonight that he doesn't think he has ever held a baby except for maybe his brother when Adam was little. I haven't held too many either so I hope the baby doesn't pick up on our initial awkwardness!

Sounds like a fun weekend that went by too fast.