Thursday, July 24, 2008

My visit to VA Beach....

So, my visit with Terah…..let me first say that when I was going to do this at first I thought that she was an hour and a half from the airport and then it was 2 hours to my hotel….I was a little off. It was about an hour and a half to an hour and 45 mins to her but then it took me 3 hours to get to my hotel….yikes.
When I got there John Franklin was asleep and Kory had gone out to get us Five Guys (yeah, and I wonder why I might not be able to fit into the bridesmaid dress much longer) . Terah and I got to talking. We talked about photography and John Franklin and just sort of caught up. It had been a really long time since we had seen each other for more than an hour and gosh knows when the last time was that it was just the two of us so it was nice. She is also one of those friends that I have to beat over the head to keep in touch with me but when we see each other we fall right back into the same conversations (maybe cause we spent every day together my last year of college). Kory got home and we had lunch and then it was time to wake the monster. I say that very affectionately and because when he got downstairs I wanted to hold him immediately and about 5 seconds into it he started crying. Granted, he had just woken up but I always have babies that have just woken up when I pick them up and they never cry immediately…I was afraid he didn’t like me because as soon as he was back with Terah he was fine..ok then. We moved to the living room and I was flirting with John Franklin so he would let me hold him…and boy was he flirting back!! He would smile and giggle and all kinds of stuff and FINALLY he let me hold him and play with him. I will say that after a while he was wearing a nice cologne of spitup and drool….yucky, but I loved on him anyway. The rest of the day we sort of just hung out with him and played. I tried to take some pictures of him….posted the one already but I will post some more soon. I was using all manual settings in her living room and they didn’t turn out quite as well as I had hoped L John Franklin was definitely different from my niece in that he would get cranky for no apparent reason (though I am sure that he had one that I didn’t know about). It was sort of funny because Terah and Kory are laid back so you would think that he would be calm but he just likes to whine or something……he is super cute, don’t get me wrong, it was just sort of funny because he would appear to be upset and to whine but really I think that he just enjoys whining. Listening to Terah’s pregnancy stories and the first few weeks of John’s life though make me glad that she is not the only person I know with a baby. She is definitely a strong person…stronger than I think that I would be…but then again, that is why babies are so cute, so you don’t give them back! (neither she nor John were ever in danger, she just had a rougher time than most that I know with her pregnancy. ) I had a good time and I was really glad that I got to meet the little one…I hope to see him again before he gets too much bigger..did I mention how HUGE this kid was???? A pound more than my niece who is more than twice his age! His little feet look like those gloves that doctors use that they blow up for little kids at the doctor’s office….so cute, I tried to get a picture of them so I will try to share.

1 comment:

m said...

The random crankiness could be the start of teething. That can turn the best kids into cranky random terrors. Caroline did great, but Owen is not always the happy guy everyone thinks he is. Lots of fun for Terah! Sorry to hear she had a rough pregnancy.