Monday, July 21, 2008

Not feeling well and broken shoes.....

Did you guys miss my travel stories on a Monday morning...no fear, I fly tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday so there are still plenty of opportunities for me to have some fun stories this week.

I don't feel well today :-( I hate not feeling well....I have a little itchy throat, and this is how it always starts out. I always try to tell myself that I might have just slept with my mouth open the night before but eventually I will have to give in because other symptoms will start :-( I am too busy this week to be sick...tomorrow night I fly to Baltimore (got upgraded to first class) for some training on Wednesday and then I fly back right after the training and then on Friday I go to Ohio. We were going to do a little weekend trip in Ohio so I want to be healthy for that too. I also have a newborn shoot on Thursday and I don't want to be sick for that either.

So, the broken shoes....I have not had good luck with shoes lately. Normally when I pack for work trips I only pack oIne pair of shoes for work (to save room) and then I make sure all my outfits match the shoes...not too hard with lots of black shoes and black pants. Well, on Thursday they broke...they are little strappy ones so one of the little straps broke..not a big deal because there are tons of straps so I just cut off the rest (ghetto I know, but I had to make it through the day). No big deal cause I worked from my hotel on Friday and wore flip flops to the airport. Well, yesterday we had a shower for Jennifer in Roswell. Since I have been out of town so much I just planned on going to the store on my way to the shower...left in plenty of time...as I am walking into BB&B I feel something weird with my heel of my shoe and thought I got it stuck in a crack in the sidewalk..nope..heel completely broken off. These were not stillettos either..they were cute little sandals with this little flower on top and a low but thick heel...sounds tacky but they aren't. Well, now I am screwed..no time to go home and no time for shoe shopping...I am walking around BB&B with one heel and one no heel shoe...it sucked. Bought my present and took it to the counter to have them wrap it....which took literally 15 mins...what the heck? She put so much tape on there that the present could have literally been wrapped in just tape....no paper needed. By the time she is done I have 3o mins to get to the shower that is 28 mins away...crap, broken shoe! I luckily had on a sundress so I ran into Old Navy and found the best non flip flop shoes that I could....it would have to do...I made it to the shower on time thank goodness but I was not happy about the shoes...who has two pairs of shoes break in 4 days? I guess that neither of them were high quality or anything but they were cute and I have a hard time finding good shoes for work because I often have to walk really far in them (airports) and like to be comfy...so if anyone knows were to get some cute shoes, please let me know.

Other than that the weekend was busy, dinner and drinks with everyone Friday night...there were 15 of us and Jimmy was in town so that was fun....3 sessions on Saturday and a wedding that night...it was UGA people (I didn't know them) so I did get to hear the fight song a couple times but it was outside...not sure if any of you remember the temp on Saturday but 90s is not the weather I would want to have my wedding outdoors in....oh well...more about the sessions and wedding on the other blog....

Sunday was pretty chill....just the shower and then I spent the rest of the day catching up on my editing from last week and watching the tour....it was a good day for it yesterday.

Ok, I am going to relax (and that means not exercising even though my pants are getting tight....I am not as good as eating on the road as I thought I was but I have to get this under control before I can't fit into my sister's bridesmaid dress) so I don't get any sicker..if you guys have any home remedies, let me know. Craig says I have to sleep but I am not a nap person so I am just going to try to go to bed earlier than my normal 1am!

6 comments:

m said...

Shower for Jennifer? Dudley?????

Mel said...

no, my sister...her name is Jennifer too..sorry. Dudley is definitely not engaged!

Drena said...

Born shoes are super comfy but don't know if they would work for your work attire.

Sorry you are sick. The last time I felt sickness coming I upped my vitamins, drank oj, lots of water, washed my hands constantly and I was able to avoid full on sickness.

Mel said...

Good call on the vitamins...I was really good about them for a while and then I got bad about it so I just took some.....water is on the list and I will try the hand washing....I hate obsessively washing my hands cause they get all dry, but I also don't want to be sick so I guess I would rather have dry hands.

Thanks for the tips!

Rebecca said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. I think it's going around - I've got the same throat thing and am waiting for the rest to take over. I've been taking Ricola honey lemon drops. I've never been a fan of honey lemon stuff, but these aren't bad, and they seem to help for a brief time. And that totally stinks about your shoes! As for shoes - I usually buy my shoes at DSW. I'm so fickle about shoes that I don't like to spend too much on them, knowing I'm going to hate them in 6 months and want a new pair.

m said...

On the shoe front, Nordstrom does have the half yearly fall preview sale going on right now. It just started on Friday.