Monday, July 7, 2008

OMG

Remember how we were talking that one day about boyfriends that we had no idea where they were???? I said I ddidn't know where the guy I dated for like 4-5 years and then broke up with was.....well, thanks to you that encouraged me to get on Facebook, he found me...not that I care that he found me or anything but it is just weird...what do you say to someone you haven't talked to for like 8 years but you dated for 4? I don't know....he is married now as I think we discovered at the UGA/BAMA game several years ago when I saw him and was EXTREMELY drunk....I think that was the day that I drank a double bottle of wine by myself...of course it was like 9237493792 billion degrees out so I sweat most of it out but there was definitely some left. Anyway, I just thought you guys would like that...and what the heck do I say? I took this blog off of my profile in case he was going to read it...he can't see my profile unless I friend him, right....ugh, I am such a Facebook virgin....where are my pros?

8 comments:

Drena said...

yes, you have to friend him before he can see your profile. You should friend him and wait to see if he messages you. He may never message you. Don't worry. What you say doesn't have to be profound. Just a simply "how's it going...hope you are well" usually gets the job done.

Rebecca said...

you have to friend him unless your profile is set up to where anyone can see it without being your friend. Some people have their profiles set up to where anyone can see it, or where friends of friends can see it, or where only friends can see it. You should check how yuor profile is set up to make sure it's set to where only friends can view it (if you don't want everyone on facebook you don't know to be able to see you...)

Mel said...

I set it up so only friends could see me now. Drena, he alread messaged me and all it said was "sorry if this is the wrong person, but Melissa Anne Powers?" Can't believe he remembered how to spell my middle name (everyone always messed it up). I will probably write him back, just freaked out a little last night..I felt like when I could read the message he could see me or something...it was weird.

m said...

OMG - I am totally lost. Facebook and myspace scare me.

Is this the person I am thinking of that you dated during high school and college or was he more high school?

Mel said...

two years of each...so it was the same guy during the beginning of college...went to events with me but probably before we hung out too much.

m said...

No, I remember him. He was a manager or something for the basketball team, right?

Rebecca said...

Check this out - found it today...
http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/dating/entries/2008/07/09/facebook_faux_p_1.html

Mel said...

Hilarious!! He didn't friend me...he just sent me a message..but still! HA!