Tuesday, July 1, 2008

here we go again...

I got upraded to first class again! Sweet! The guy next to me seems nice, I have a window, and we have our own TVs!! Double sweet! I do find one thing odd...the guy across the aisle has a baby with him, in first class, with a carseat which I would think you have to pay for! I am sure you all love your children dearly (or will if you don't have them yet) but buying a first class ticket for your 9 month old?? Hmmmm. I hope she is a good flyer like Little Miss Charlotte! I am just happy that I can edit as I fly because I am behind and I have to clean my condo when I get home cause Craig gets here on Thursday night late and my place is a diaster!!!

2 comments:

m said...

Perhaps they also got bumped. I am sure if he is high enough status they do not have a problem doing it even with the baby.

Mollypants said...

I know that flight attendants and gate agents always have a list of people who are travelling with infants-in-arms, and they also have a list of whether or not they have a car seat with them. They carry the seat to the gate, and if there's 2 seats anywhere on the plane that are open, they switch the person with the baby to those two seats so that the baby can go in the seat - babies in the seats are much more likely to fall asleep and not cry the whole flight, which makes a happy flight.
Some people DO pay for the extra seat though, including my former stepmother, who was just crazy anyway. When I asked Cara about it, she said that it's pretty much wasted money on no extra safety - if you're gonna crash at takeoff or landing and have a shot at survival, you have to get out FAST (fire reaches jet fuel fast) and people struggling with car seats in a darkened aircraft won't get out fast - it's better to have the baby in your lap. If the aircraft goes down from mid-air...well, everyone's screwed.
Yes, I just got a long speech from her about flight safety, which is scary considering the unsafe crazy times I've had with her at the bars.