Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I think that Starbucks has crack in it...

and as Zachary would say, crack is whack....

I have had this theory for a really long time. It just seems odd to me the way people flock to it and when I have been on trips with Dudley and Morgan they seemed to point out one whenever we saw one (including in London). I thought it was sort of weird and, not being a coffee drinker myself, assumed that Starbucks put some sort of crack in their coffee to get people addicted. A couple years ago a friend of mine introduced me to the chai tea latte at Starbucks and it was love at first sip! It is exactly the kind of taste that I love! Then I found out that you can buy the mix at Target for less than the price of one drink at Starbucks and you could mix it yourself at home. You guys know me, so that is exactly what I do at home and for 5 months I was home all the time! Then when I started traveling I would go to the actual store to get one every morning for breakfast.....and now to my point......the last two nights I have craved this latte at night....what the heck? This never happened to me in at home, but I have been on the road for almost 6 weeks now and at 5 a week I think that the crack is getting to me and I need more....I haven't actually give in yet, but I just find it so strange that I crave it at night....another fact to support my theory that Starbucks has crack in it.....

Anyway, no cardio today but I am about to try to grab a picture of the sun setting behind a cornfield...it is sort of on a major road and has a no trespassing sign on the gate but I think that I can park nearby and walk and not have to go in....the sunsets here are pretty......not as much pollution so you can actually see the sun set. I noticed this field and the sun the other day but I didn't have my camera with me and no time to get it before the sun went down. Yesterday, same scenario so today I planned ahead! YAY me....if I get one I will post it later but I have a knack for missing these shots so no promises :-)

3 comments:

Mollypants said...

Go to Italy...you'll discover that:
1. Coffee is AWESOME when done right.
2. Starbucks burns the crap out of their coffee.
3. Espresso IS better.
4. Decaf is pointless.

Rebecca said...

Sorry - I'm a post behind. But yes, crack definitely is whack. Sometimes 3-year-olds can teach you a good lesson every now & then. :)

Mel said...

Yeah, been to Italy but I just like the smell better than the actual drink...I have to put sugar and cream and stuff in there....of course I have changed my taste since I went so perhaps if I make it back I will try it again.....

And just for the record, I don't buy starbucks coffee, just the latte..but I think that they put crack in all their products!!