Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Having employees are hard!!

So I got two new seniors under me at work and boy are they work!! It is not really their fault and I don't want to reveal too much in case anyone I work with ever found this, but let's just say that if any of you want to have a drink or 10 then I have plenty I could tell you. In the meantime, and to keep it light, let's just say that having two employees that are not located in the same city as you or the company they work for is really a complete logistical nightmare. I spent my entire day today doing administrative tasks! I had to track down a paycheck that one employee never got, find out where their computers are two weeks after I requested them, find out how they need to fill out expense reports and when they get paid, and set up work for them and then answer questions about it. Like I said, none of it their fault, but with all the meetings I have gone to lately I have gotten a little behind in my own work and instead of being able to catch it up I had to get all this done. I am actually extremely excited to get them and once I get things going it will be great because I will be able to hand off some of the work that I am doing to them and I will be able to develop the department more. Today was just a rough day for admin stuff...I also had 4 time and expense reports to do for myself and those things take forever. Whew...I can't wait to do nothing this weekend and we have been told that we can leave at noon tomorrow...I think that I will take them up on that!

No comments: