Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scary run....

Since I am really trying to exercise on the road I have been taking AL out in the evenings. My hotel this week is down a long road that is lined with a ton of chain stores and has sidewalks all along it. It is the road I walked on yesterday. Past my hotel is the road and the sidewalk but no development yet so it is pretty empty of life. I decided that since today was my shorter run and I had to get a higher heart rate, I didn't want to go the way of all the stores and have to stop at all those lights, and I was going to on the undeveloped part. I start off and at the sidewalk in the hotel next to mine I see a random guy walking...he looked sort of sketchy and I am not one to get sketched out easily, but you know how you just have that feeling sometimes? I walked past him and sort of looked sideways to make sure he wasn't following me. I get to the next light and take a right because he is gone. There is a truck that is slowly down and staring at me...and again I feel weird. I watch as the truck waits at the light to make a left and I keep going but sort of watching. I notice that they do not take a left but instead make a U-turn and come down the side of the road I am on...now I really feel weird. I decide that I just don't feel comfortable so I turn around and decide I will just do the treadmill. As I do I see the truck turn around again so they are now coming back toward me..again!! Freaks me out but I get to my hotel road at a point when it is too late for them and they keep straight. I run back to the hotel, past the dude who just appears to be hanging out at this other hotel...weird. As I get back to my hotel I notice a guy about to go running that looks normal and since I really don't want to do the treadmill I decide I can follow him. He isn't wearing headphones so he would hear if I screamed. He looked at me sort of weird (since I had just come back from running) but didn't say anything...we ran back past the sketchy dude and then he was way in front of me (runs faster than I can) and was off. I decided to turn around and come back to my hotel once again...I had some stair exercises from the personal trainer that would keep the heart rate up! I passed the sketchy guy again, this time sitting on a tree near the hotel...so weird. When I left to go out to pick up some dinner an hour and a half later I saw him walking on the sidewalk near the hotel about 10 feet from where he was earlier...I decided that if he was still there when I got back that I would mention it to the front desk.....it was just weird and there is nothing over here except the hotels and he wasn't exercising so it seemed as though he was probably up to no good....plus he got a good look at me like 100 times. When I got back though he was nowhere to be found.....hmmmm. I did finish my exercises on the stairs and got the heart rate up just as high! I also did the fitness test today and I improved by 1 point! YAY!

Anyway, that was my night....the day was not as exciting and it looks like I will be back here again cause there is no way I am going to finish 6 months worth of recs when I haven't even finished the first one yet! YIKES! Oh well, not a bad town to be in and the location personnel are nice...that is all that matters.

3 comments:

Clh03uga said...

Oh Melissa...how scary! You were smart to turn around!!! Glad to hear everything turned out ok...AND you got your heart rate up. :-)

Meredith said...

Melissa... that would completely freak me out!!! PLEASE be careful out there!!! I'm glad everything was okay!

m said...

That is scary. Glad you are okay!