Friday, July 11, 2008

Travel Woes

So, it is 8:45 and I just got a call from Delta that my 2:40 flight has been delayed until 4:15.....that SUCKS...you know that if it is already delayed that much it will only get worse. I can't believe that they did this 6 hours before my flight...you know how they always wait until the last minute, so the fact that they did it so early has me a little worried. You know, I used to stick up for Delta and flying through Atlanta..all that hometown pride stuff but lately I have become REALLY annoyed with them. It seems like all my flights are delayed all the time and I used to be able to tolerate for the free miles and the free trip but now that isn't even the case....and little did they know, that is most of the time why I continue to fly them....because the experience (minus the damn delays) is better when you have some medallion status. UGH...I have stuff I needed to get done tonight too..I have 4 sessions tomorrow and I am leaving early Saturday morning so I can visit Terah in Virginia and meet John! (Very excited about that).

At least the Boston airport has free wifi, so if you have entertainment....you know where to send it. I can't decide if I should leave at the same time I was going to or wait...I am sort of scared to wait cause the guy next to me just told me about a time when they changed his back to the original time and there is a lot of time before the flight, plus, the traffic is going to get worse....Friday afternoon in a major city!!! I wish there was a kinkos nearby, then I could at least print up the shower invitations that I was going to do when I got home!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I don't know if I have anything to entertain you. Sorry about your delay... maybe it will get switched back? It's pretty overcast here in Hotlanta, so it might be a delay on this end. I'm around my computer most of the morning, so if you are in dire need of entertainment, you can email me...
mere.hartley@gmail.com
I'll be happy to try to entertain :)

Mollypants said...

Entertainment: go to Hanover Street in the North End. Go to Mike's Pastry. Get an original (riccotta) Cannoli. DO IT. No, you can not get it to go. You have to eat it immediately. I promise you it is the best thing God has ever allowed to be created. Seriously, I was in ITALY (where they invented every good food) and when I said that I lived in Boston, FOUR different people in different parts of the country all said "Boston - Mike's Pastry. Best cannoli in the world. better than italy"

Mel said...

Damn, now I wish I hadn't caught an ealier flight so I could have gone to Miks's!!