Thursday, May 22, 2008

10 things I have always wanted to do.....

I started this a while back and just thought I would post it today cause I have been so negative lately and that really isn't me...I thought that this post would be more fun for you guys to read. Some of them are things I will never do and some of them I could easily to, but just some of the things that come to mind when I think "I've always wanted to....." I wouldn't have regrets in life if I didn't get to do any of them (except the last one..that one I do want to have one day!) but just things that I think would be fun to do.

1. Start a charity, not sure what type of charity it woul d be but maybe something around helping people who are extremely poor to learn how to get out of it and build a financially sound life or to educate people on preventative health (importance of exercising and eating healthy). I think that these types of things are the building blocks of having a healthy society but are often ignored and thought of as someone else's problem.


2. Organize a 10K...not sure why I want to do this one, but it just seems like it would be fun.


3. Use my Delta Skymiles for their "Around the World" ticket....I used to have enough but I didn't want to go alone...I would like to take a year and travel around the world while I am young and it can still effect me and teach me to appreciate what I have.


4. A triathlon...I started to train for one once and even got the nice Nike bathing suit but then I got mono and never started training again.

5. Learn a foreign language. I wish I had tried harder in my language classes in high school and taken a language in college.


6. Have my makeup and hair done by a professional like famous people do and then have a really awesome photographer take my picture. I just want to see what parts they would airbrush and what I would look like when they were done with me.


7. Be one of those really witty writters that people just love to read and like all those chick lit books that are just so good. (this one will never happen)


8. Know a famous person. I don't actually have a desire to be famous myself, but I think that it would be cool to know someone who was famous and to hear all the stories that they have.


9. Get a personal trainer that would really work with me and have me in really good shape....I know I can do this one easily, but I just haven't ever done it.


10. Get married and have kids (not a goal in that you set out to do it, but something I want one day).

3 comments:

Mollypants said...

If you want to go around the world, I will go with you! it's actually not that expensive if you do it right - you might be better off just doing it without the skymiles!

Drena said...

interesting list. Maybe I'll do mine sometime. good luck w/ them!

Mollypants said...

and by the way, about #9: I've always wanted to do the Platoon Fitness thing they have here - it's basically boot camp. You go at 6 am, meet at the top of the Art Museum stairs (like Rocky), and they yell at you to get you in shape. If you don't show up, they call your cell until you answer and get there, and if you don't answer, they run the whole class over to your house and make you get up. I don't need motivation, I need that - pure brute force to get me working out.