Friday, May 16, 2008

Rough Morning...

I got up extra early so I could get to work on time and still ride marta but when I was about to dry my hair I walked across my floor and felt wetness at my feet. Some of you know my history with water leaking and floods and stuff so immediately I get worried. I had my backpack sitting right there and he had gotten wet the day before when I walked home but the water seemed like too much for that....then I realized that it was right outside my closet where the hot water heater is..uh oh! I opened it up and the hot water heater sits in a little plastic tub that is only about 3-4 inches high but it was filled with water....and that had overflowed and gotten on my floor. I didn't really know what to do so I got a shot glass (only thing that would fit in the tub between its edge and the hot water heater) and scooped out as much water as I had time to scoop out. The thing that sucks is that I got a new hot water heater when I moved in (literally a week later) about 2 years ago so it should still be fine. I emailed Craig and called my mom to get both of their opinions on what could be wrong...they both said that it might just be a slow drip but that it shouldn't be doing that at all....UGH. Before I left I tried to find the invoice for the plumber that installed it since it should be under warranty but I couldn't find it in the two places that I thought it should be....goes back to that whole not being organized thing...but I really thought it should have been in one of the two places so now I have to find it again. I liked the plumber because it was $35 to come out and look and then if they did anythign they would apply the $35 and if they didn't then you just paid $35 and he did a good job. I need to find him. I did find the plumber list that my hoa puts out but when I looked them up on http://www.kudzu.com/ they mostly had bad or just ok reviews...yuck. Then I got nervous so I looked up a plumber on kudzu that did get good reviews and called them. I explained the situation and he said that it sounded like a slow leak and told me some things to check. I guess I will know when I get home today whether it is a slow leak or not by whether the tub is filled back up or not....I hope it is not. This good review plumber said that I should try those things because he didn't want to charge my a couple hundred dollars to come out if nothing was wrong...a couple hundred dollars????? What the heck..I need to find that $35 plumber...I think that I got the name from Dudley so I emailed her but she has been MIA..I emailed her yesterday to see if she was alive and still haven't heard back...so, if any of you Atlanta ladies know of a good plumber that would be reasonable if I had to call them, please let me know. I am going to search for the invoice when I get home and luckily I keep all my finances in MS Money so I can look in there and see if I can find them that way. I really hope it is nothing urgent cause I have clients all weekend and don't have time to sit around waiting for a plumber or to have plumber crack with my clients there....so, yeah, rough morning!

EDIT: I think that I found my cheap plumber and I think that I am going to go home early today and check on it in case I need to call them...I still need to find that invoice though....

1 comment:

Drena said...

Oh, the joys of home ownership. Superior plumbing is good but I think they are expensive- Hank Pope at 770-422-7586