Wednesday, May 21, 2008

UGH!!

So it looks like I will be paying Home Depot after all (if they can get it together!) Robb came over to help me like the nice guy that he is but after we drained the hot water tank and he started getting in there to work he realized that one of the pipes was cracked and that the previous plumber has fused something together (which you are apparently not supposed to do) so he couldn't really fix the hot water heater for me, nor could he unhook it completely because it was fused...oh well...so I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Home Depot and their house service and everyone else and finally got a guy at the local Home Depot who would help me and said I came up there he would set it all up for me (something the lady at the special services desk claimed she couldn't do so I had to call a 1-800 number but they said they couldn't do it and I had to call the store...hence the 45 mins). We went up there and I am supposedly getting a new hot water heater but have to pay for labor...at this point whatever. So after we go there I take my sister and Robb to dinner and then come home. I forgot my wallet so Jenn had to pay for dinner and I had her come inside so I could pay her back and my floor was SOAKED....Literally I have soaked 5 towels to the point that they were dripping and it is still wet! We don't know what happened cause we had the water off or so we thought...what we finally figured out was that we either 1. have no idea where to turn off the hot water or 2. my valve to turn off the water is broken. Either way causes my floor to be wet. Robb rehooked up the hose so at least it would all drain out the bottom and we made sure the hot water was turned off and now it is just dripping...still annoying cause I still have to empty it but WAY better than the soaking wet floor. I am drying the towels now so I can sop it up again....hopefully I can get most of it up and just monitor it until Home Depot can get out here...I am supposed to wait for the lady to call me tomorrow but I think that I will call her when I wake up..this is driving me nuts and since I leave in 3 days and obviously can't turn all the water off, I need to get it fixed. I did feel bad cause Robb spent 3 hours out here between trying to fix it and eating and then helping me figure it out when we got back...so sad but I was grateful....sorry for another negative post, but hopefully it will be fixed soon!

3 comments:

Robb Sutton said...

Sorry I wasn't of more help. What a pain. Hopefully they are able to get there today or tomorrow.

By the way...here is mine...

http://www.mtbtrailreview.com/blog/

Mel said...

NO, you definitely helped or they probably would have rigged it up again like they did last time!! I still appreciate your time and they are supposed to be here in the next two hours....so we will see. I will link up to your blog.

Mel said...

NO, you definitely helped or they probably would have rigged it up again like they did last time!! I still appreciate your time and they are supposed to be here in the next two hours....so we will see. I will link up to your blog.