Tuesday, May 20, 2008

two guys on marta

Guy one: I think that is the building I work at (shouldn't you know that)
Guy two: what do you do there? Are you like an intern or something.
Guy one: yeah kinda
Guy two: how many hours do you work?
Guy one: 8 hours a day
Guy two: how much do you make?
Guy one: 12
Guy two: that is bank
Guy one: yeah, I know it is bank
Guy two: that is like 100 bucks a day give or take.

Oh to be an intern! Oh and they are total frat boys with beer in a clear water bottle and are talking about how they can beat the tornado at the braves game! Marta is fun! Typed with my new blackberry :-)

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

My internship in 2000 paid me $500 for the ENTIRE SUMMER. Oh yeah, and parking. In a lot where my car got broken into.
Hell, if someone paid ME $12 an hour right now, I would be a helluva lot saner right now. More on that later - I have a big old rant fixin' to come out.

Mel said...

Yeah, and I guess compared to not being paid for an internship.....I just thought the whole conversation was funny in general and I don't know as many people who would be pumped about the $12 per hour now (unless of course they were shunning the Corporate world and setting off to do their own thing).